Backpack that can fit 18 inch laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Backpack that can fit 18 inch laptop

Don't care if it's one designed to be worn on a bike or not but has to be appropriate for it (good quality so the straps don't snap while doing 110kph on a windy day with 15 or more kg inside it etc, somewhat water resistant.... enough that a light unexpected shower won't wet the contents etc)

For bringing my 18inch laptop to and from work.

Have a look at the Deuter range at Lakesbikes in Success. They are a hiking backpack and have several sizes. I have got one for riding and let's say, it is sufficient for higher speeds......never had the zipper come undone by itself like others I have had in the past.
    SP RACINGis supported by:
    MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
    Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
    Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Why don't you just go to an adventure shop with your laptop and try fitting it in a bunch of bags? It's what I would do.
      Or, you know, just get a macbook
      Here lies the body of Harold Day
      He knew it was his right of way.
      He was right, dead right, as he rode along
      But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong.

Comment

Will do that if all else fails, but trying to get a second hand one at this point to save a bit of cash.

Comment

Oakley Kitchen Sink.
          Christie. 1972-2012. RIP my dear friend. Never forgotten.

Comment

Have a look at the Caribee stuff - www.caribee.com.au
            One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

I used to commute to the airport with 10kg backpack a fair distance. You're setting up yourself for long term injury or an accident commuting everyday with 15kg+ strapped to your back.
              I'd invest in a rear rack with a topcase for the bulkiest stuff (pizza box shape for that monster of a laptop). Keep the backpack light.
              If cash is tight try a waterproof dufflebag/drybag and tie down with cargo mesh and ocky straps.

...or get a smaller laptop lol! I swapped from a 14" to a 12.5" and it's still annoying to cart around everywhere.

Comment

I have an ogio Mach 3 [I think] wind drag resisitant back pack that may do the job. Is in quite nice nic and I originally grabbed it for long trips.

Drama is that I hurt after about 50 k's and it is just too bloody hard getting the wife motivated for long rides.

If you gimme your measurements of the lappy I can check to see if it will fit.
                Will use the funds to help pay for Neils travel bags from him , so let me know if you are keen.

Cost ya 50 bux if you want.
                Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

I use the Targus backpack which can fit my 17", so might be okay for 18"

http://www.bagworld.com.au/shop/deta...k-black-sb045/
                  Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Originally posted by ReCon View Post
                    I have an ogio Mach 3 [I think] wind drag resisitant back pack that may do the job. Is in quite nice nic and I originally grabbed it for long trips.

Drama is that I hurt after about 50 k's and it is just too bloody hard getting the wife motivated for long rides.

If you gimme your measurements of the lappy I can check to see if it will fit.
                    Will use the funds to help pay for Neils travel bags from him , so let me know if you are keen.

Cost ya 50 bux if you want.
                    Just saw this. apparently 41cm tall 31cm wide.

Originally posted by rc_sam View Post
                    I use the Targus backpack which can fit my 17", so might be okay for 18"

http://www.bagworld.com.au/shop/deta...k-black-sb045/
                    Tried a bag thats fine for 17cm laptop (with a little room) today but apparently my laptop is 18.4 not just 18 so definately doesn't fit things designed for 17 inches.

Comment

BCF they always have stuff that they are selling cheap got a carabee backpack that will fit an 18 inch laptop for 1/2 price, it's a proper hiking 1 with heavy duty straps, It's normally their end of model stuff that they sell of cheap but still good sturdy stuff
                      K1 Bandit 1200S,

Comment

Working...
                      X