Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTT: HTC Desire (Overseas model) for HTC Desire (Telstra Model)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted WTT: HTC Desire (Overseas model) for HTC Desire (Telstra Model)

As it sez.

I have a used HTC Desire that I imported from Clove.co.uk when the HTC Desire 1st came out. I use it still. It's an A8181

I'm with Three. Problem is, I have no reception outside of the city, where I need it the most. I also have a Telstra phone. I want to put the telstra sim into a Desire.

There's NOTHING wrong with this phone aside from the fact that it DOES NOT WORK ON TELSTRA'S NEXT G NETWORK. It isn't UTSM 850mhz compatible. Which is what I need. This phone works on the optus, vodaphone and three networks no problem. It's not network locked, and it has no telco branding of any kind. It's bog stock, never been rooted etc.

I'd like a Telstra HTC Desire, which is compatible with the Next G network.

So if anyone out there bought a HTC Desire from Telstra outright, and never leaves the city, I'd love to trade handsets with you. I just want your handset, not the charger, not the sim, not the sdcard. I will trade you a looked after HTC Desire with Froyo 2.2 and screen protector.

I'm in Brisbane, and would prefer someone local, as opposed to sending through the post to one another. I don't want an exchange of money of any kind, just a straight swap of handsets. Telstra Desire for a OS Desire.

The UPSIDE to having a OS Desire is you get the OTA updates months in advance of the Telco ones, eg: I had Froyo 2.2 on my phone a good 2 months before it came out for Telstra Desires, which happened just recently? And you don't have any annoying apps you can't get rid of to deal with either.

This phone has been bulletproof, I've not had a single issue at all with it bar the lack of NextG reception. (which isn't the phones fault).

(this is a rip from my post on OCAU, so the brisbane bit applies even moreso here. I'm not a PSB local anymore)
    Work Buy Consume Die

I have a mint condition Telstra Desire that I 'de-branded' (but never rooted), running 2.2, etc. I'm sure it'd be easy for you to flash back. I'd do a swap happily if you were in Perth as I'm with Vodafone, but I'm not keen on posting it out either. I'll be in the Gold Coast in 3 weeks time though if you're still keen.

Comment

I don't want it for the Telstra branding, that's for sure. I'd happily use the debranded one. I'm tech enough, just never saw a need to root/etc my desire, unlike every iphone I've ever owned.

I can wait 3 weeks, if you can.
      Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Yeah, I'm in no hurry mate, I'm happy with my phone but I know it's not technically the right one.

If you get a better offer in the meantime then don't hold back for me, but if you're willing to come down to the Gold Coast to swap (I won't have transport) then I'm happy to do it. I'll be there 10th-12th Dec. I assume yours is mint condition too, doesn't overheat, etc.

Comment

Yeah man, aside from lack of next g reception, this phone is perfect. Never had an issue with it at all. Here's the kicker: I like this phone so much, I'm getting rid of a Telstra iPhone4 to have this as my main phone instead. I could just flog the Desire away, and just keep the iPhone, but I'd rather get rid of the iPhone and keep a Desire. But since the iPhone is on Telstra, and I'm out bush a lot, I need a A8183, not a A8181.

I should be in Brisbane still by that time. I can definitely come meet up with you. If I'm not in Brisbane, I'll be driving to Perth. I've actually got an offer going in Overclockers, but what we've got going here is probably going to be much much simpler. On OCAU, I've got 1 guy selling a 8183, and another wanting an 8181. I'd have to buy one phone from one guy, and sell the original to the other guy. Too much hard work.

And at least this way you and I can peruse the respective handsets, make sure we're happy with the conditions of the trade and we're not total strangers.

Unless someone else from PSB happens to be in Brisbane before then, and can make the same offer, I think we're golden.
          Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Sell both and get a Desire HD? Wait, what am I saying?

I did the re-branding by loading the stock HTC ROM from an SD card, since then it reports on the About screen that it's an A8181, but apparently that's just text, the hardware is fixed at 850 MHz regardless. I haven't been outside the 2100 MHz area yet so don't know. All my research says that shouldn't be an issue, but if it is you might have to put the stock Telstra ROM back.

I'll look after it even more carefully for the next 3 weeks now, and tee up a meet nearer the time. After the Gold Coast I'm going to England, so having the 900 MHz model will be good.

Comment

Looks like a date

Dubs

Comment

DW Dubs, I'm coming to Perth for Xmas. I'll come see you too.
                Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

What happened to our date dubs? You didn't reply to my PM yet. ^_^

Comment

BTW, this HTC Desire is the AMOLED model, not the S-LCD. I dunno if that makes a difference for you.
                    Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Sounds good to me, mine is AMOLED too.

Comment

Whats wrong with the Desire HD?

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Originally posted by FireStorm View Post
                          Whats wrong with the Desire HD?
                          You mean aside from the Desire HD's incompatibility with Telstra's Next G network?

Comment

Typical. That's Telstra's problem tho, not HTC's

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

arnt they the only ones in Aus selling the original Desire?

Comment

Working...
                              X