• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Creepy Crawly pool cleaner

Looking for a Creepy Crawly or similar
    A site all parents should check regulary
    http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Don't get a Marathon if you require a quiet unit.

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Just don't.

You want to run your pump for 37 hours a day under a shitty load from sucking through all that hose, fighting some piece of shit which half cleans your pool for a few days in between things falling off or out of alignment?

Do yourself a favour. Go to bunnings, grab a handle and a vacuum head. Then once a week spend 10 minutes and do the job properly.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
        Just don't.

You want to run your pump for 37 hours a day under a shitty load from sucking through all that hose, fighting some piece of shit which half cleans your pool for a few days in between things falling off or out of alignment?

Do yourself a favour. Go to bunnings, grab a handle and a vacuum head. Then once a week spend 10 minutes and do the job properly.

Haha only slightly exagerated... must admit I get frustrated with something which is so simple and yet can be so bloody unreliable.

I rarely sell KKs and can't discount, but I can usually beat shop prices on Barracudas which are much quieter

Comment

taz ......

I had a creepy crawly and as others have said they really don't do a good job , ive just got the hose,pole and vaccum head ... works better

oz
          WARNING : this old dog bites !!

WARNING : BEFORE YOU THREATEN FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR OPPONENT !!

Comment

Originally posted by OZY View Post
            taz ......

I had a creepy crawly and as others have said they really don't do a good job , ive just got the hose,pole and vaccum head ... works better

oz
            Or get a pool man to do it for you

Ozy did you get your leak sorted?

Comment

Off T: FKN Black [email protected]@##$!!
              Anyone else have a fglass pool and can provide me with a cure for treatment... anything that can be applied underwater topically to the actual indi spot sites and clear it for any decent time????
              Better still - anything/product that can be applied underwater to seal the damaged fglass???

S.
              Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                Just don't.

Agreed, they get caught in one spot ignoring the rest of the pool. By hand, the best way.
                "It moved"

Comment

Originally posted by Sprint View Post
                  Off T: FKN Black [email protected]@##$!!
                  Anyone else have a fglass pool and can provide me with a cure for treatment... anything that can be applied underwater topically to the actual indi spot sites and clear it for any decent time????
                  Better still - anything/product that can be applied underwater to seal the damaged fglass???

S.
                  Blackspot is very difficult to cure. Once the fibreglass is old and the gel coat becomes porous, it gets hold and the only long term fix is resurfacing (done properly...)

Short term improvement can be made though.

Black spot forms a "shell" over itself so it is important to brush regularly to breajk the surface and let thge chemicals attack it.
                  Drop the pH to 7.0 using acid
                  Either superchlorinate or use an algaecide to treat it.

You can rub the spots with either a chlorine tablet or a "pool block" type of solid algaecide, this will break the surface and apply the chemical directly.

Longer term, keep the pH down around 7.2-7.4 and the chlorine level between 2-3ppm, and continue to brush the walls regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by tim the pool man View Post
                    Ozy did you get your leak sorted?
                    yeah tim i did it myself , i felt abit rude asking you when i just met you , BUT i do have a problem with the vaccum head ( no suction )
                    WARNING : this old dog bites !!

WARNING : BEFORE YOU THREATEN FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR OPPONENT !!

Comment

Working...
                    X