Core drilling - limestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Core drilling - limestone

I need some post holes bored into limestone blocks for pool fencing - anyone here do this?
    Maybe a dozen holes... approx 600mm deep, cheers.

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

I used to do glass pool fences at my last job, you can hire a core drill and bit from most hire places and do it your self,
    Very easy to do, save yourself some $$$
    Even a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day

Comment

+1 , its actully pice of piss to do. Cheep to hire also.
      Definatly do it your self.
      You will be suprized people charge for this as no skill is required
      REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
      (anarchy in english )

Comment

any Kenards have got all the equipment you will need.
        " The wolfpack is back"

Comment

Yep - explored the DIY option but;-

I'm time poor, and
          Kennards only have the core drill at Belmont (i'm waaay NOR).

S.
          Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

I am based in joondalup, drop me a line if a carton, sounds fair?

Steve 0409 68 11 68

Comment

Done Steve - PM sent.
              Will mark out the post centres - name yr poison.

S.

Comment

Quick question as some of you guys seem to have some knowledge on the situation. I am wanting to put shade sails up outside my house, if I bore into the limestone blocks on my retaining wall will they support the force of the shade sails? The limestone blocks are the typical ones supplied as part of the housing development in most new areas.

I thought about using come chem-set with long anchored bolts but not sure whether this will hold, don't want to damage the retaining wall...

Any help would be appreciated boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Busson View Post
                  Quick question as some of you guys seem to have some knowledge on the situation. I am wanting to put shade sails up outside my house, if I bore into the limestone blocks on my retaining wall will they support the force of the shade sails? The limestone blocks are the typical ones supplied as part of the housing development in most new areas.

I thought about using come chem-set with long anchored bolts but not sure whether this will hold, don't want to damage the retaining wall...

Any help would be appreciated boys.
                  Depends on a lot of things such as the size of the shade sail, height of the poles, size of limestone blocks.

If you are putting it into the block that is on the edge of the wall, definitely not - the block piece will pull out sideways from the block under the leverage. You would be much better off to dig a hole and concrete it in or do whatever the manufacturer says.

Comment

Thanks, yeah they are 5x5m sails, I don't see it moving the block I'm just worried about the limestone breaking apart under tension as I gather they are just reconstituted and not very strong.

Comment

Working...
                    X