Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone to pick up a wrecked car - dispose of same

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wanted Someone to pick up a wrecked car - dispose of same

    Okay...seems that if the car you're trying to dispose of isn't fully registered and damn near roadworthy, salvage cnuts aren't interested.

    We have a 1990 Nissan Silvia. Vehicle was totaled in an acco at Barbagello's (competition). What the car doesn't have:
    No wheels attached (but there are some wheels holding it off the ground)
    No engine (in it's usual place - engine is sitting in the boot)
    No gearbox
    No exhaust
    No interior
    No glass

    So...does any one know anyone in the salvage game who might have or have access to a Hiab and wants to dispose of this for their own profit (whatever it's worth). I reckon the RSCW (rear seat counter weight - drift king extraordinaire) will throw a carton of alcoholic beverages in for sweeteners.

    Vehicle is in Clarkson. Time is not on our side

    PM me or ring me on 04 six eight 3 six nine zero two 3
    Originally posted by Viper
    I'm probably fucking something up.
    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

    http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
    Administrator

  • #2
    Lutch.

    dianella inglewood towing.

    0412954700


    Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

    insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

    dianella 93703770

    Comment


    • #3
      hunch...or 'sure thing'?

      Just that I have had so many oxygen thieves waste my time this week/weekend, and I don't have time to waste at the moment
      Originally posted by Viper
      I'm probably fucking something up.
      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

      http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
      Administrator

      Comment


      • #4
        How soon, I have a hiab.

        Comment


        • #5
          go sentinent then,you will have to explain to lutch the condition of said car and he will decide.


          Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

          insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

          dianella 93703770

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks Nhiall and Sentinent.

            One of the many attempts I have made over the past few days (email/SMS/phone calls) has just come home to roost. Sharkies Salvage/Towing (John) has just assured me that he will pick it up Monday morning.

            Thanks guys. PSB comes thru again.
            Originally posted by Viper
            I'm probably fucking something up.
            FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

            http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
            Administrator

            Comment


            • #7
              Too easy mate.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
                Thanks Nhiall and Sentinent.

                One of the many attempts I have made over the past few days (email/SMS/phone calls) has just come home to roost. Sharkies Salvage/Towing (John) has just assured me that he will pick it up Monday morning.

                Thanks guys. PSB comes thru again.
                Jon's good. He will be there on time and it will be gone. Good bloke.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Remember the old simpsons episode?

                  If you cant give something away just chain it to a tree and someone will try to steal it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    But in this case its the chain that would probably get stolen!
                    Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
                      But in this case its the chain that would probably get stolen!
                      the chain would be worth more, both in use and dollar value.
                      Originally posted by Viper
                      I'm probably fucking something up.
                      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

                      http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                      Administrator

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Put a "FOR SALE - $50" sign on it and someone will steal it in the middle of the night, like the roadside collection?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          shove it on the verge in the city of jooondalup. worked for my ol' candy van back in the day haha

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by al.ramsay View Post
                            Put a "FOR SALE - $50" sign on it and someone will steal it in the middle of the night, like the roadside collection?
                            Have you actually read the details concerning the car? How the hell would you suggest that the vehicle be moved to a prominent position in order that the bargain price of $50 be suitably seen by the interested public?
                            What part of "problem appears to be solved" don't you understand here?
                            Originally posted by Viper
                            I'm probably fucking something up.
                            FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

                            http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                            Administrator

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
                              Have you actually read the details concerning the car? How the hell would you suggest that the vehicle be moved to a prominent position in order that the bargain price of $50 be suitably seen by the interested public?
                              What part of "problem appears to be solved" don't you understand here?
                              Relax mate. I'm pretty sure he was joking.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X