Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1993 Mitsubishi Pajero 4WD (Rego'd and super reliable great travelling wagon) $2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale 1993 Mitsubishi Pajero 4WD (Rego'd and super reliable great travelling wagon) $2k

1993 Mitsubishi Pajero 4WD (Rego'd and super reliable great travelling wagon)
    Rego VALID UNTIL 08/03/2014 (Just paid it)
    Automatic, Power Steering
    Alloy bullbar
    Has dual batteries with battery in the rear. 300w Power inverter connected to it.
    Woodgrain steering wheel and VY Commodore front drivers seat on stock rails
    Two Narva spotlights on the front which I haven't wired up yet
    Full length roof rack across two thule racks
    Roof rack comes with some mounts I made for a shovel and axe... you can keep the shovel and axe since they fit well
    I had to remove my hi-lift jack from the other side as it was my birthday present

The previous owner has put in a low km's Magna engine which gives it quite a bit of poke for a 3L V6 in a large car. Has no problems sitting on 110km/h on the highway.
    Car has crazy lift too... torsion bars on the front have been cranked right up and I believe they are GU Patrol springs in the rear. Has 31" Tyres on 15x7" sunraysia's.

I have owned this car for about 6 months and in that time I have travelled over 7,000kms. When I first bought it I did a few things to the car since it felt a bit down on power.

I have replaced:

Fueling: fuel pump, fuel filter
    Air intake: Cleaned throttle body, new air filter
    Entire Ignition System replaced: Denso Iridium spark plugs, Bosch leads, new Distributor Cap and Rotor, new Ignition Coil.
    Driveline: Replaced both front CV shafts

The car has been absolutely bulletproof. We have travelled in this car nearly every weekend. I have been to Waroona Dam, Logue Brook Dam, Lane Pool Reserve, Pippidinny/Alkimos Beach, Preston Beach, Bussellton etc. I have full faith in jumping in the car right now and going to Broome and back.

The car has no second gear at all. It locks up the torque converter in first gear with no slip and changes to third just fine. It sounds bad but it is very driveable like this. In top gear cruising you can't even notice. Offroad most of the time you are crawling or cruising at 30-40km/hr so first and third is fine.

The four wheel drive system works fine. Both diffs and transfer cases have been filled with Penrite oil and regularly checked. I can't think of anything else right now but I'm looking to sell this quickly as we have a child on the way and I'm looking to get a newer SUV for the mrs. as a daily.

$2000 ono
    Originally posted by darkfibre
    Just sync the oil changes with her monthly cycle and get all the grumpyness over with, leaving the rest of the month clear sailing.
Working...
X