Anti-bark collar for dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Anti-bark collar for dog

We have a maltese cross which has strated the dreaded 2am woofing at nothing (I know it is at nothing because our other dog doesnt bark)- this has been waking my daughter who has to get up at 5am.

So if anyone has a citronnela collar or shock collar they would be willing to sell, rent or lend I would appreciate it

you can usually hire them from your local council or vet...

but there may be a waiting list...

or you could try ebay, probably better to try the citronella collar though and don't look for the cheapest one

NEW Barkmate Mini Supreme Citronella Spray Anti Bark DOG Barking Training Collar | eBay

a collar that doesn't work will either not help with the problem or will risk hurting the poor little fluffball.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

thanks for the ebay link filbert, the pet shop citronnela collars are $300

My council doesnt hire the collars and my vet doesnt have any, I will try another vet though

Comment

that's one of the more expensive options on ebay and i've seen them used and recommended.

Comment

Dogs don't bark for nothing. You might not know what it is, but there will be a reason ...
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Dogs bark at shit they can hear but humans can't

= nothing.

Edit - Might be worth a punt for $20:

AUTO BARK ACTIVATED - ANTI BARK DOG CONTROL COLLAR | Pet Products | Gumtree Australia Victoria Park Area - Carlisle | 1029298434
            It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

thanks truewheel, I will head down there on monday

Thro if it was something I should be concerned about the other maltese cross would be going off his nut, it is more than likely another dog barking in the distance. It is not a real bark but a couple of woofs and a pause then acouple of woofs going on for hours.

Comment

I got one from there a month ago for my German Shepard the work really well. Just make sure you turn it off during the day because there to sensitive

Comment

Is it a low bark or a higher pitched bark?

Are they short barks or longer barks?

Is it just barking or is there some whimpering as well?

Comment

hi Mo-Fo
                    they are just a low gruff woof there is no whimpering, I have had a couple of dogs over the years and I learn the dogs barks i.e. whether it is an attention seeking bark, a pain bark or an intruder bark etc- this is an annoying "i am bored and dont feel like sleeping so I will just make a noise" bark

Comment

seriously don't buy the cheapest option, you're trying to train and correct a behaviour not traumatise the poor beast

i used the citronella collar on my kelpie and the citronella never really bothered her but the warning beep used to make her whimper because she knew the correction was coming, then she changed the tone of her bark to suit and i can't get a collar to trigger a shock type collar without supervision is traumatic for them if it becomes faulty and false triggers whereas citronella is unpleasant but not traumatic if it keeps blowing and runs out and the warning beeps usually get the message across on their own after the first few days.

Comment

Can you get a collar for----- noob Riders. that shocks 'em before they miss the corner.....
                        ----- bosses who think they're God. That shocks 'em when they say the same manipulative,blackmailing comment-to get 3 hrs of unpaid work from you.
                        ----- The ATO.. Just cause they're cunts!
                        -----ex wives Only cause I can't let go.....even after 22 fuckin years. An if I'm in pain she should be too.
                        ----- me To stop my pissing n moaning about all kinds of shit that I have no control over..
                        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Originally posted by GSX IN SHED View Post
                          Can you get a collar for----- noob Riders. that shocks 'em before they miss the corner.....
                          ----- bosses who think they're God. That shocks 'em when they say the same manipulative,blackmailing comment-to get 3 hrs of unpaid work from you.
                          ----- The ATO.. Just cause they're cunts!
                          -----ex wives Only cause I can't let go.....even after 22 fuckin years. An if I'm in pain she should be too.
                          ----- me To stop my pissing n moaning about all kinds of shit that I have no control over..
                          i see what you may or may not have intended to do there and i lolled...

Comment

The implication of my comments...

is what I think...

" my faithful dog has been known to smell cancer on a victim... find truffles 1-2 metres below ground... help intuitively a blind dude to stay mobile...

And yoo want a device to stop it barking----- the only nonvisual comm with ( dumb) human companion---awesome...

Why not just buy a flop eared useless rabbit????

Give the dog to someone who cares for the spontaneous habits of the canine......."

no disrespect intended----hopefully none taken..
                            " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sporty600 View Post
                              hi Mo-Fo
                              they are just a low gruff woof there is no whimpering, I have had a couple of dogs over the years and I learn the dogs barks i.e. whether it is an attention seeking bark, a pain bark or an intruder bark etc- this is an annoying "i am bored and dont feel like sleeping so I will just make a noise" bark
                              Most likely is boredom or boredom/anxiety.

Needs more exercise mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X