Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Room to rent

Hi,

recently separated and need a room to rent, preferable NOR.

I'm pretty broke, but only need somewhere to crash the night and store some boxes. Prefer a secure place to lock the bike up also, as I have no car.

I work shift work, but basically keep quiet and to myself. I either work, sleep, or play the 360, if not out riding with my mates.

More than willing to clean and pitch in, can cook (if you mean bbq or make a curry in a slowcooker).

I know this is a tall ask, but am looking at max $100 per week at the moment, as I have to start buying a car and some furniture (I have no bed right now)

Room to rent

Sorry to hear of your predicament dude, I was in the same place 3-4 months ago and it's fucking shit, still is.
    Good luck.

Comment

cheers Desmo... it's tough alright..

Comment

As you're probably already more than aware, $100 is going to be a struggle. The best I can suggest is spend a little more on rent and try to find a furnished room - that'd mean you don't need your own furniture while you get back on your feet. In fact, unless you're buying you don't want a hell of a lot of furniture.

Otherwise all the best to you.

Comment

yeah, I'm between a rock and a hard place..

I have no furniture, and have some temp accom at the moment with a mate, but can't stay there too much longer.. so am trying to save to get bond together

Quite possibly going to be working 7 days a week soon to make ends meet.. which of course ups my pay, and child support, so is catch 22

Comment

You could probably expect a room for between $150-170 these days, on that budget you'd want to be looking for one all inclusive at that price, which is still possible, but getting rarer. If that's furnished, awesome. If it's not Gumtree for some basic furniture just for the bedroom, and don't worry about anything else until you're back on your feet. Realistically you probably won't want anything else in a shared house, because when you don't have a space even the coolest things are just junk and clutter.

I'd also say awesome if someone is willing to offer you accommodation around the $100 mark, but if you're going into an owner-occupied share arrangement you want to make sure you're set up so you can afford to pay your living expenses and the owner doesn't need to know anymore details than that of your financial situation (unlikely that you'll be asked for much more than proof of employment from most in those arrangements). If they think you're going to struggle to make the payments, the majority of owners are going to think they should look for someone who won't struggle instead.

Comment

Mart!! FFS give me a call, I'm not NOR though
              I normally get $250 for the granny flat but short term we can come to an "arrangement"
              Especially if I can leave all my guitars and amps set up in the lounge
              I'll get your no from Daz
              Last edited by Tim the PM; 06-11-2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I'd say you should have stayed in the house, I know of lots of people that do this, cos they can't afford to do anything else.

I mean to say it's yours as well, you are no doubt still paying it off? Is it going to be sold and both downsize? If not you have every right to stay, move into one of the smaller rooms, come to an arrangement for essentials as you are no doubt still paying them as well?

Comment

It's an awkward scenario made even more awkward if you're unable to have your own space.

Last folks I know that shared a roof for any serious period of time post-breakup almost killed one another, there was just no healthy separation. Yes, they were both entitled to be in the house and luckily there were no kids involved, but staying under the one roof is more often than not completely disastrous.

Wish I could help out, but I'm packed to the rafters at present. Good luck with everything, don't hesitate to drop a PM if you want to have a chat or just a vent.
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                    I'd say you should have stayed in the house, I know of lots of people that do this, cos they can't afford to do anything else.
                    Because that's a real smart attitude during a relationship breakup.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmo View Post
                      Because that's a real smart attitude during a relationship breakup.
                      I know people who have tried it but I've not seen it work.
                      In the early stages of my own marriage split we lived separately (ha phone auto corrected that to desperately, how apt) in the same house but it was leading towards homicide so I moved out. Of course the ex still has our nice house while I'm still renting

Comment

My husband said if I wanted out, I could be the one to leave the house.
                        Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn.

Comment

I didn't hang around long enough to ask the question.

My girlfriend wouldn't have been welcomed with open arms either...

Comment

Originally posted by Old frt View Post
                            I didn't hang around long enough to ask the question.

My girlfriend wouldn't have been welcomed with open arms either...
                            Haha my GF gets on well with my ex wife, probably wouldn't have worked out well for me

Comment

yes, staying in the house was an option.. just wasn't healthy.. no trust..

No offence Stoney, but very few relationship breakups are amicable these days, no matter how you try

Comment

Working...
                              X