Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Road Bike (Pushy)

Hey all,

Starting to look for a road bike (will be doing some long distances so want something half decent)

I am around the 6ft mark so would need a larger model (L or up)

Look forward to hearing what bikes people have lying around they don't want!
    "Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever "

I'm 6'4" and have a 2011/2012 Avanti Giro 3.0. It has a Large frame, just had a full servie and is in fantastic condition. I'm looking for around $950.

From the website Giro 3.0 | Avanti Bikes

The top bike in the series, the Giro 3 comes ready for any road challenge. It has a light alloy frame, carbon fork and proven Shimano Tiagra* 20 speed componentry.
    *It has 105 shifters and derailleurs.

GEOMETRY
    Upright riding position from the taller head tube and frame geometry for more comfort on lengthier road rides.

Enjoy road riding longer and recovering quicker with less chance of injury.

EASY RIDING
    The Giro uses broad gearing to provide a wide range of gears for every gradient.

Pedaling is a breeze on flat straights, up hill or down.

It's not that I don't want it, it's that I'm upgrading to something custom. It's a good bike. Send me a PM if that fits the bill.
    Last edited by Loud; 17-01-2014, 02:40 PM.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

If you are going to be riding long distances , steer away from Ally frames ... get carbon there are a million carbon frames cheap .. carbon is more compliant than ally and won't fatigue you from vibration .
      If you want to get the best out of any bike ... build one up to your own spec's.
      I would be looking for a GIANT TCR SL 1/2 you can get cheap. At 183 cm you will want around a 56cm top tube , depending on your reach about a 110-130 stem. Lot's of bikes going cheap too now that the novelty of Xmas rides are fading ...

for example

GIANT TCR ADVANCED 1 (2010) | Bicycles | Gumtree Australia Stirling Area - Stirling | 1036480017

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...rainer-167725/

Comment

mate pm freedom wheels

was out there a few days ago and hes got some good deals if you tell him your on psb

hes also a ktm dealer as well and when out there i was talking to him about the very same thing

i did like the electra s though

Comment

Working...
          X