Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale SOLD: Travertine Marble Table

Size: 1900 x 1000

Solid chunk of 2cm thick travertine with a bevelled edge supported by glued on timber pad and metal brace.

It’s a table that was once an indoor dining table (my folks house for many years) and then lived outdoors on a covered balcony for a couple of years. As such it has a bit of ‘outdoorness’ to it now rather than it being a perfectly refined indoor table (although would still suit that). For instance the metal brace located at the top of the plinth type base has some surface rust.

Located South Perth and currently being stored in a spare room which I would like freed up to turn into a torture room for small children or Jehovahs Witnesses. Will likely need 3-4 people to move carefully as is a heavy chunk of Italian sedimentary rock. Separates into two parts (plinth base and top).

Comes with four basic fake plastic wicker type outdoor chairs as pictured.

Would be quite a few $K to replace today, but its certainly not new (what's a few million years amongst friends), so $200.

PM and/or post here if interested.

Deej
    Last edited by Deej; 01-02-2014, 05:29 PM. Reason: Item Sold

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

It is a heavy chunk of Italian metamorphic rock!
    Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
      It is a heavy chunk of Italian metamorphic rock!
      To quote Wikipedia "Travertine is a form of limestone deposited by mineral springs, especially hot springs".

I'm no geologist, but I'm pretty sure that makes it Sedimentary.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Originally posted by Deej View Post
        To quote Wikipedia "Travertine is a form of limestone deposited by mineral springs, especially hot springs".

I'm no geologist, but I'm pretty sure that makes it Sedimentary.
        To quote Sherlock Holmes
        it's elementary sedimentary my dear Watson
        Pity it's too heavy for me to shift over the distance required, looks good.
        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

SOLD to Taz.

Cheers

Comment

now to get some muscles to help move the ale asap and payment is bbq/beer/bourbon.....
            A site all parents should check regulary
            http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Moving marble i hard shit, I got mine done professionally as they can snap in half due to being so heavy. if you do it yourself, carry it on its side.

Comment

Working...
              X