Motorcycle rideshare perth to melbourne 10/06/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale Motorcycle rideshare perth to melbourne 10/06/18

Hey guys. I am heading from perth to melbourne via motorbike in early-mid june. Looking for a pillion to come on the back and split costs. Hoping to make the trip in 3-4 days aiming to arrive by the 15th. I have some limited spare gear/helmets.

If you are keen, send me a message and we will go from there. I will be making the return trip departing melbourne around the 20th.
    Originally posted by devolved
    I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

I'm assuming this is on a Goldwing?

Comment

Remember the golden rule: 1 dick per bike.

Comment

Winter on the Nullabor=electric heated everything.

"Too many dicks on the bike.." oh well this'll have to go then....SNIP...owwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!!!!!!!!!!
        " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Surely this is a joke? It's not even Friday...

It was cold enough on the bike in bloody October!

Comment

Having ridden the paddock more times than I care to remember (and many more to come), I find it a struggle when I start getting a bit pissed off with a riding partner. I couldn't begin to imagine the frustration of having a pillion that:

a) you don't know
            b) you have a huge personality clash with, early into the trip

I'd never do that run with a pillion. Dick or no dick.
            Originally posted by Viper
            I'm probably fucking something up.
            FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
            Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
              Having ridden the paddock more times than I care to remember (and many more to come), I find it a struggle when I start getting a bit pissed off with a riding partner. I couldn't begin to imagine the frustration of having a pillion that:

a) you don't know

You're also responsible for a complete stranger's safety

Comment

Originally posted by IGS View Post
                I'm assuming this is on a Goldwing?
                Nup. Small bikes only. If I was in a rush I'd just take the flight.

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post

a) you don't know

I used to be a 2 up truck driver... I definitely understand how it goes. I think the idea of long distance pillioning will filter 80% of the "personalities" in advance.
                I just crashed into a schoolbus full of kiddies, killed them all, raped them, set them on fire and now I'm pissing on their charred remains.

Comment

I think you'll find the "personalities" in the 20% that aren't deterred.

If this is an advertisment I'd love to see a price listed. How much do you expect someone to pay for this "privilege"?

Listing the figure might ward off the toothless meth heads who want to run away from Perth to a bigger city.
                  Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                  1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

^^ Wha...???? der is a bigger city....uuhhh.....? ^^
                    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Originally posted by wheel_of_steell View Post
                      Hey guys. I am heading from perth to melbourne via motorbike in early-mid june. Looking for a pillion to come on the back and split costs. Hoping to make the trip in 3-4 days aiming to arrive by the 15th. I have some limited spare gear/helmets.

If you are keen, send me a message and we will go from there. I will be making the return trip departing melbourne around the 20th.
                      I have done this trip before more times than i can remember on a motorcycle since 1978 including june, july, camping on the nullabour is cold for sure i usually head east to sydney through port augusta, mildura, hay, yass, goulburn the last two are among the coldest rides on the eastern seaboard.

I would suggest riding in the daylight hours during june between Kalgoorlie and ceduna and plan on making around 1000 kays a day the red roos are the biggest in the country and pretty well litter the hwy between norseman and ceduna.

I feel doing this trip two up will be difficult i have never done it two up myself and the wa hwy police drive deep into sa at times so a decent pace can be difficult, i do wish you good luck however it is an adventure you never really forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                        If this is an advertisment I'd love to see a price listed
                        Originally posted by wheel_of_steell View Post
                        Looking for a pillion to come on the back and split costs.
                        Total trip cost estimate for the 7,000 km return trip:
                        Touring economy on the gs500 = 4.5L/100km = 315L of fuel = $567
                        Touring economy on the cb125 = 3.0L/100km = 210L of fuel = $378
                        7000 km's worth of wear on a set of tyres (either bike): $150
                        1 oil change on the gs500: $25
                        7 oil changes on the cb125: $63

So for a pillion,
                        total return cost on the gs500: $371, or
                        total return cost on the cb125: $296
                        Obviously halve those costs if only travelling one way.

What bike actually makes the trip depends on how much luggage comes along and what bike's gonna be more comfortable for two.

Comment

A FUCKING GS500 TWO UP WITH A STRANGER ACROSS AUSTRALIA???

I wouldn't even ride a GS500 two up to the shops.

Do it! This has the makings of PSB thread of the year.

Still thinking this is a troll thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
                            A FUCKING GS500 TWO UP WITH A STRANGER ACROSS AUSTRALIA???

I wouldn't even ride a GS500 two up to the shops.

Do it! This has the makings of PSB thread of the year.

Still thinking this is a troll thread...
                            [MENTION=13444]lit[/MENTION]

Comment

Two up on a 125 would have to be a sure fire way to cause suicidal feelings in at least one of you

Comment

Working...
                              X