Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale 1999 Yamaha R1

Up for sale is my Yamaha R1 (99 model).
    It has the white/red/black colour scheme, braided lines and roo racing exhaust.
    Tyres almost brand new.
    All round very neat and tidy.
    38500km.
    Selling cos I'm getting a new bike.
    Price $6500.
    contact me on 0418 102 445 or pm me.
    Cheers

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010862.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	4919023Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010863.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	4919025Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010867.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	4919024

Verrah narce! I can only imagine this will go in about 5 seconds flat. Gratz t whoever picks it up!
    Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
    Originally posted by filbert
    it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

very slick. someone should snap this up quickly. the 99's are an endangered species!
      Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

Yes, she is a lovely bike and I would love to keep her BUT, I'm under orders, if I get a new bike, this one has to go. Hence why it is for sale.

Comment

I'm back for a fourth look in this thread. The wife has said 'yes' but with one of those 'looks'.. I want a track bike, one I can live with sending it down the road. I don't think I could take this to the track, it's too nice

Comment

Dont track this bike please.

The early R1s have the rear subframe welded to the chassis.

It often (so i've heard) bends in a crash, making the bike effectively a write off (thus, you will sulk about sending it down the road)

As previously mentioned, they're getting rare now...

edit:
            third time in this thread myself
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Good luck with the sale bro, i'm sure it won't last too long

Comment

Nice bike mate! Goodluck with the sale

Comment

Watching this thread.

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

bumping with added pictures, i know you guys like pictures so here ya go.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This bike is still for sale. Anyone interested?

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                        Dont track this bike please.

The early R1s have the rear subframe welded to the chassis.

It often (so i've heard) bends in a crash, making the bike effectively a write off (thus, you will sulk about sending it down the road)

As previously mentioned, they're getting rare now...

edit:
                        third time in this thread myself
                        Buy this, sell the Honda. C'mon, you know you want to.

These were the Squid bike of choice before the GSXR1000, not many of them left, don't let it fall into the hands of someone who will destroy it.

Thro, it is your duty to preserve, give her a home like you did with the RGV. The CBR 600 is never going to be a classic.

Comment

Please, no more offers to take it off my hands for $5k. I'm not in any hurry and I think it is worth more than that. I will consider offers over $6k, nothing under. Just thought I'd clear that up so I don't waste anyones (or my) time.

Comment

do it thro. i came from a 07 cbr600rr. albeit the 02 r1 is a bit newer (than the r1 on offer) its still heaps of fun!
                            Need your suspension tuned? See Marty MOOSE! | Need something out of the ordinary? See Gav (GD Engineering)!

Comment

Originally posted by chee View Post
                              do it thro. i came from a 07 cbr600rr. albeit the 02 r1 is a bit newer (than the r1 on offer) its still heaps of fun!
                              changed the gearing yet? HEAPS more fun..

Oh and back on topic, mint looking bike at a very reasonable price. Someone grab it before I get tempted to do something stupid and buy something I haven't seen..
                              Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                              1985 - 2009

Comment

Working...
                              X