2006 Honda CBR1000RR - Now $9,500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale 2006 Honda CBR1000RR - Now $9,500

Okay well I'm not ashamed to say it, I love this bike. Sometimes after it's been washed, I'll grab a beer and just go out and stare at it. It is that attractive... never parked, always waiting.

Having said that if it is parked next to anything Italian, especially a Moto Guzzi, it will become invisible but it's not a bike with oil leaks and a soul. It is a perfected machine and a machine with a singular purpose; to propel the rider through new adventures in high speed. And I do mean high speed. It does this with ease and confidence. It is a bike for the man who would be King.

It has a motor, wheels and decals which say 'CBR Racing'. It also has a carbon fibre Akropovic half system that sings like a tenor through the tunnel and is an audible delight on the over run. It has ASV levers, AFAM gold sprockets (Ils sont Francais!) with three extra teeth on the rear, and simply because I like saying it, it is fully 520 converted. There are braided lines and it rolls on Pirelli's with more meat than a Butcher. There are knobs on the axles and knobs out the sides, although they've never touched the ground. As a parting gift to the bike I did just buy it a brand new battery. The original fender and levers are included, as are various other bits which sadly I'll no longer have a use for.

It comes proudly with a full service history from new and has always been meticulously serviced at Prestige Honda. All documentation and booklets are included. Always treated with mechanical sympathy but not wrapped in cotton wool - that would look silly. It is a bike which thrives at the track, flat out on Sues Road, tackling the real world twisty tarmac around Nannup, or even just a gentle jaunt down to Milk'd for a coffee.

It just ticked over 24,000 kilometres on the weekend and if anything has gotten better with age, or perhaps I have? No, must be the CBR. And it never disappoints, something that not every bike can claim. There are 3 R's in the title, two more than a GSXR1000 - join the dots on that!

If you want a litre bike, if you want fun, if you want fast, this is the bike.

The reason it's being sold? I'll be leaving Australia for a few years at least and I can only take 32 kilograms with me.

The price is $9,500.

Email [email protected] or PM.

Last edited by Stu; 10-04-2011, 05:17 PM.
    Spiral out, keep going...

Unlimited time offer! Buy the bike and get a free (yes, complimentary) motorcycle cover. The cover can also be used as an invisibility cloak if you haven't told your partner that you just bought the bike.

Take it home now, have an argument, make up and enjoy!

Comment

Okay to sweeten the deal... a bit of sugar. I'll chuck in my custom aluminium roof rack system for ultra high speed touring. Take off the pillion seat bolt in the "roof racks" and voila you can mount a tank bag or carton of beer securely above the duck-tail. To quote myself: "It turns a race bike into a touring bike!".

Comment

Unlimited time offer! Buy the bike and get a free (yes, complimentary) motorcycle cover. The cover can also be used as an invisibility cloak if you haven't told your partner that you just bought the bike.

Take it home now, have an argument, make up and enjoy!
        I really like the look of your bike and the above offer / suggestion makes it oh so tempting.. I'm not too familiar with these models, are the fairings standard or after market?
        Last edited by creamy; 31-03-2011, 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

The fairings are standard (and by now are probably composed of 50% Plexus). Kids seems to like the colours but many times random people have said "Oh you must be an Eagles fan!". I usually say "No, I hate all birds of prey". I find that ends the conversation abruptly.

The blue sparkles in the sun like the fishy-bit of an azure mermaid, and the yellow glows like a field of Marigolds near Fukushima.

I tell you what Creamy, for you, I'll throw in a tyre puncture repair kit with 3, yes 3, cylinders of CO2. If you're quick you won't have to pay any tax on that CO2 either.

Comment

I thought I'd also mention the Speedo Healer (calibrated by GPS) also a has top speed recall... so you can shock your parents and impress your friends (or vice versa).

Comment

Okay I've reduced the price to tempt people to either steal, beg or borrow the cash money. I'll accept dirty money since I'll be in Africa and any money is good money there.

And here are some actual quotes regarding this bike:

"How come yours is quicker than mine?", ZX10 Owner, 2007
              "I'd love to get it but my knees are stuffed", Neighbour, 2009
              "It must be your lucky day, I'll let you off with a caution. Nice bike though son", The Police, 2008

Comment

This sounds like what I have been looking for. Any chance of taking a look say Sunday morning

Comment

Of course Jazzer780. Send me an SMS on _____________ and we can go from there. Would 9am be suitable?
                  Last edited by Stu; 10-04-2011, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Still for sale. Last chance before it gets advertised...

Comment

Hey Stu, sorry for going silent ended up having to move up north. Best of luck with the sale. Would have loved to have it.

Comment

Easter Special: Buy this bike and receive a blessing from the baby Jesus.

Just think you could be bathing this litre-bike in warm soapy water on your back lawn tomorrow and aftewards gently air drying it 287km/h on Tonkin Highway. All in the knowledge that you (may) have secured a place in Heaven. And that place I'm pretty sure is close to the Milkshake Fountain on the Lesbian Cloud.

Nice.

Comment

Stu,

Love the bike mate. I'd be seeing you if it was around june/july. Savings are not quite at $9k yet

Comment

I mist say, this is the most entertaining for sale thread ever... i also dont have the savings yet but am starting to look around for a big bike... not happy about the eagles comment
                            Originally posted by wattsie
                            "He's hung like a moose and his name is Kloun" - Huggys mum

Comment

And it is sold! As Nelly Fertado once said to me, all good things must come to an end. But then Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins also remarked that the end is the beginning is the end, so I don't know what to believe.

Needless to say, my fun has ended and someone elses has begun.

Comment

Working...
                              X