01 Erion CBR 929

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale 01 Erion CBR 929

The bike was crashed (clipped a sign post) 2 yrs ago and suffered quite a bit of damage and then sat in storage until i got possession of it 6 months ago with the intention of building a stunter out of it. The bike was delivered without a key but was promised it as soon as it was located once the previous owner cleaned his shed out but it never surfaced. A company in the UK will make up a key barrel,key and ecu for about $500au.
    Ive had an offer for the engine and one for the frame but would prefer to sell it complete.
    Motor, frame, suspension, brakes and cooling system are all good.
    Damage to rims, fairings and left clip on and is missing the starter relay.
    Reg ran out June of last year
    I will make a walk around video of the bike and post up tonight to save alot of questions from anyone interested.

$2000 ono Delivered.
    Why me? I was being overtaken when you had the radar on me!!!

Is this a genuine Erion?? Cant believe an SP and an Erion came up on the same day??? April fools?? :|

Comment

I forgot to mention that, yes it is a genuine Erion. That was the main reason i grabbed it. I already have an SP2 and thought an Erion would go well in the collection but due to other commitments it must go. Regrettably!
      I did a quick costing exercise to get back to original condition and it was under $3k including rego. Im happy to help out repairing bits and pieces if needed.

Comment

Its definately a collectable.

Comment

Isnt the erion just a special paint job? How badly damaged are the fairings? repairable?
          Theirs no replacement for displacement

Comment

Not 100% sure on what makes them special. As far as i know, it was the only CBR in that year to come out with the black frame and yes, special paint job and maybe suspension? Someone built one and explained what the go was with these. It was in the projects thread.
            What stopped me from building a stunt bike out of it was the amount of people that would walk in and say "wow, is that a real Erion". My answer was always " yep, so what". And its been under covers ever since.
            The RHS fairings are ok (i think) the LHS is in a few pieces but the bike is pretty much complete.
            As i said, i will post up a walk around video tonight when i get home from work.

Comment

Here is the thread i was thinking of. Everything you need to know about the Erion racing CBR 929.

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...eblade-117020/

Comment

Originally posted by Mattpack View Post
                I did a quick costing exercise to get back to original condition and it was under $3k including rego. Im happy to help out repairing bits and pieces if needed.
                When tidy & running, these should go for at least $6k, so if you have the time to put into it, it would be a good deal :-)

Comment

Go Bendlito go!

ALL UR ERION R BELONG 2 US!!!
                  "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I saw one up for sale a few months ago for $8k but it was in mint condition and i didnt follow the sale to see what it went for. Trust me, i would love to keep it but i need to sell it to help fund my trip to the indy motogp later in the year. Hopefully another epic adventure
                    Reminds me...... gotta go make video of bike.

Comment

Sorry vid is a bit average but i compressed it so it uploads quicker but it went dark, Oh well, gives an idea of the damage. The damage on the rims is one side only so i presume it slid into a gutter rather than hit it square on.
                      Thought i would give DV8's R6 a free plug while it was there, I think he said $6k as is or $6.5k with all the track gear. PM him if your intersted.

Comment

Ha, nice music.
                        PM'd
                        Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                        How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

Comment

Working...
                        X