Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Bike/rolling chassis for EV bike conversion - up to $1000

Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to do an electric motorcycle conversion for sometime now; I have been hanging out on PSB and gumtree and haven't seen that perfect donor bike pop up yet.

What i'm after is a cheap complete bike, with frame, wheels, brakes etc all in decent condition. Engine can be non existent or completely shot I don't mind. I saw a newish Hyosung with a busted motor go cheaply ($500) on this site a few months back, something like that would be perfect. Price range will vary depending on the bike but I suppose anywhere up to $1000 is good, but I will pay higher for something awesome. The electrical gear going into the bike will cost $2000-$4000 so i'm not after a rust bucket.

Ideal donor bike is/has:
    • Chain driven (a must)
    • A sound frame - no write offs
    • Good brakes
    • Large ~600cc and upwards (I am 6 foot 4)
    • Full fairing to hide the batteries - (although not compulsory)
    • The newer the better - although it's hard to find a new bike with a stuffed motor

Please keep an eye out for such a vehicle, or if you have something lying deep in the back of the shed let me know.

*No need to tell me I'm crazy and should stick with fuel etc etc, I have an xv535 and cbr1100xx (well dads..) which will stay in my garage also. I just want a project bike.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/keith/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG]
    Attached Files

Suggest an older 2 stroke if you can find one... much lighter than a Hyobung, which will of course make the bike much more efficient
    the Hyo 250 frame is the same as the 600 if I recall, so a bit solid.
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow78 View Post
      Suggest an older 2 stroke if you can find one... much lighter than a Hyobung, which will of course make the bike much more efficient
      the Hyo 250 frame is the same as the 600 if I recall, so a bit solid.
      I wouldn't suggest a very light bike (more important with a car) simply because once set up with a full load of batteries it will no longer be light, and will need much heavier frame and suspension than a nimble old 2T has.

About time someone did an Electric conversion on here, I will be keen to follow it.
      Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

About time someone did an Electric conversion on here, I will be keen to follow it.[/QUOTE]

There's lots of information on the web, however, the sites never go into the really fine details. With the AUS so strong atm, I thought it's the ideal time to import the goods - unless I stumble across a decent local supplier.

Comment

Hyo 250 wouldn't be too bad... Provided you get one of the newer ones that has a frame made from something other than 2 day old Brie...
          c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Do you think your project can get through ADR compliance? If not, what would be the reason for having a frame that isn't a writeoff?

I have an 04 CBR 600 frame, swingarm, front end and engine in my garage. The wheels are being straightened and if I keep one complete set, there will be another set available.

It was a stat writeoff, so it can't be registered. Although it was written off and converted to a very nice, straight track bike. It is also very clean.
            07 MV F41000R
            09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
            07 CBR 600RR trackbike
            sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Great Project Keithman.

I have a 96 CBR900RR frame and swingarm for the cost of a carton. Its not stat write off and has a clean compliance plate.

Pm me for more details

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy View Post
                Do you think your project can get through ADR compliance? If not, what would be the reason for having a frame that isn't a writeoff?
                I intend on developing the bike as a cheap commuter; hence ADR compliance is a must. I have seen a couple of licensed electric motorcycles riding around Perth (whether they went over the pits or not I don't know). I toyed with the idea of finding something already registered, but at the end of the day if you run into something you're not insured. If a prefect licensed bike rocks up awesome, but not essential.

As much as I would love to convert a CBR600, I have to say no to stat write offs

Comment

Originally posted by Dejavu View Post
                  Great Project Keithman.

I have a 96 CBR900RR frame and swingarm for the cost of a carton. Its not stat write off and has a clean compliance plate.

Pm me for more details
                  This is a hell of an offer.
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

Working...
                  X