X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale Yamaha TRX850 1999 $3000

Passing this on to a friend...
    Need to convince him to NOT buy an SV1000
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .

Passing this on to a friend...
    Need to convince him to NOT buy an SV1000
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

. .

Comment

lol double post and in before the OP...

How I heart thee :p

. .

Comment

Photos

Can a mod please fix this thread for me? I get an error message when I try send PMs.

Anyway,

Check out the photos here: Flickr: StormKiter's Photostream
        Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

SOLD Yamaha TRX850 1999 $3000

The reliability of Yamaha and the sound of a big twin combined. This bike has been described as 'The best kept secret in motorbiking' by the editor of MCN (April 2010)

The motor being a parallel twin with a big bang firing sequence produces a lovely note that will have your neighbour brought back to earth for complaining about your last bike. (I've got a lovely story that involves a rake).

People in the know think it handles fine but I really am not the right person to critique it. I haven't crashed it so by my reasoning - it is better than a couple of those silly 'super sports' bikes.

But to the bike in question.
          It has done just under 58000km and will be serviced soon (due at 58k). It has a full service history and no problems. (All paperwork is there to review, for genuine interest I will get the mechanic to reassure this point)
          Its condition is 'average for age'. For a couple hours of TLC it could look pretty good
          Rego will be paid soon. (Due later this month)
          Price is set at what I think is a fair price. Make an offer without the rego and service if you feel that way inclined but I must warn, I can be really creative with insults when offered things like. "hy men, I've just sold like |------this--------| much weed and after byeing a 70 inch 3D plasma I have $800 left and wont a bike do i need a leyesense to drive one of those!?"
          To someone saying that, I would say. "Take your $800 to K mart and buy a Huffy. (ps, what goods ya sellin?)"

The fairings have some cracks and light scratches here and there but nothing major.
          It has been dropped by the previous owner in a situation that he described as 'looking over his shoulder while pulling onto the road off of pea gravel and becoming mighty embarrassed'
          This resulted in scratches to the engine case on the left. They never bothered me. (I think it is more likely that he was trying something very kinky with it and they fell off the bed - he sure did love old Trixy though)

The pipes have lots of weird scratches that come from random shit. I think you could buff them out? Maybe not. As you might have made out... this isn't my pride and joy. It is my slut on the side. My friend with benefits, the one I call on when I just need something to ride without the foreplay. A no shit road demon that knows what makes my blood flowing.
          But I've never disrespected her, she was my first (big bike) and I'm always grateful for what she taught me.

I should mention my reason for sale. I went and crashed my other bike and want to combine funds from that and this to get something with silly amounts of power so I can crash even faster than ever.

Pics when I have some light to take them. They look like this though 1996 YAMAHA TRX850 SPORTSBIKE Yaroomba QLD Excellent Condition Yaroomba QLD

If you are a father, this is an excellent option for your kids next bike. Because you can come around and pretend to know 1 billion things about bikes yet get surprised to find that neutral is between 1st and 2nd and I wont point anything out in front of the son you are trying to impress.

If you are a kid, this bike is an excellent option for pulling some fresh 16 year olds down at Hungry Jacks. (Don't do this, it is naughty)

Please call 0420 81 4242. I like long walks on the beach and am a dog person.

Comments about how better I look after loosing 2kg are welcome so please bump my thread...

Also - last time I let someone test ride a bike and they crashed I was given 1 whole Nandos fiesta meal in lieu of any real payment (I had said, "One scratch and you are buying it"). Sure some may say that Nandos is a good trade for a (pristine condition) hyosung but they gave me extra hot instead of hot with extra rib sauce so I'm not going to accept Nandos as payment for crashing my bike this time.

TL;DR?
          Well just tell me - I like free bumps.

PS - yes a bike really is for sale here
          Last edited by T-Rex; 04-05-2011, 05:46 PM. Reason: Sold

Comment

Best For sale add in ages, I want to buy this bike.

Comment

i cant even think of a smart ass comment worthy of this sale thread its that good.
              We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hahah Well done.

Comment

Good add is good.

If it was a while a go, I probably would have snapped it. I like the TRX, all of them where 4-5k at the time.

Comment

Oooo, this would make a good base for a project. Good luck with the sale mate!
                    http://jupiterstravellers.org

Comment

Can my original post please be put at the top of the thread.

Thanks

Comment

Sold, :'( thanks for the interest.

But she stays in PSB!

New owner might say their name but she has gone to a lovely home. (Saying goodbye will be hard)

Comment

Working...
                        X