Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Want a cheap Scooter - above 50cc

Hi all

Just chasing a cheap scooter to go to and from work.
    Want something with a bit more poke than 50cc offers.

Prefer at least 100cc or 125 and not Chinese made
    Keen for a Yamaha Beewee/BWS 100

Pirce range around the $1000 mark
    PM or call me 0413 556 238

Thanks

Possibly asking quite a bit there, if you want something that actually runs.

Budget or expectations may require severe adjustment.
    such comment
    wow
    many post

Comment

not really, my beewee was only $1400.

Thinking of selling it once it's fixed, Forrestfield to the city is a bit much for it.

(* fixing it may or may not take quite a while, depending on when I actually look at it to figure out what's gone wrong).
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

You'll be the coolest kid on the block

Sachs Madass 125 - Black | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Bayswater Area - Maylands | 1028775278

In all seriousness i was looking at getting one for the same reason with only 60km zones to work, but the fuel eco listed was the same as my ER6n..

Oh and riding it would prolly be very similar to this

Bear Cyclist - 3D and CG & Abstract Background Wallpapers on Desktop Nexus (Image 434855)

Comment

I dont understand the madass. It's got none of the advantages of a scooter like storage or flat foot well and none of the advantages of a motorbike like power. It's entirely looks over substance.

Comment

Given 125 or 150cc Piaggio Fly's are/were 3k new, there must be some cheap second hand ones floating around. They're excellent. Piaggio support and build quality, low price.

Comment

thanks guys for the advice.
              my commute is only 8 kms and on 60kms roads. just want something cheap and not put too many kms on the proper bike.

i dont think my budget is too far out, happy to negoiate.
              a Beewee went last week for $990 but i was too late.

thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                not really, my beewee was only $1400.

Thinking of selling it once it's fixed, Forrestfield to the city is a bit much for it.

(* fixing it may or may not take quite a while, depending on when I actually look at it to figure out what's gone wrong).
                hey barfy

let me know if you want to sell. keen for one of these if it's in relatively good nick.
                cheers

Comment

I have a SYM Legrande, its a big comfy unit which I picked up at manheims as a repairable write-off a few months back.

All that was wrong with it was a busted rear fender assembly.

I have fixed it with new parts, but never got around to re-registering it.

It also may need a new rear tyre as it is a bit worn.

It is a 2008 with about 8,000km.

200CC motor, runs and rides fine and everything works. Even has original manual and service record.

This owes me approx $750

Was planning to use it myself for commuting but I am cycling to work now. Will sell as is for $900.

Let me know if you are interested - can get photos organised if you like, or come check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pk View Post
                    my commute is only 8 kms
                    Maybe a pushy?

Comment

go get a Maxi Scooter... the Yamaha Majesty is an awesome comfy 250 scooter

its like a couch on wheels
                      "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Aren't Madass a chinese pile of unreliable junk? Do not buy a chinese made scooter.

The Taiwanese scooters are another thing and good quality. My kid had a PGO 50 that lasted him 2 years and did 8000 km without issue. I think PGO/Bolwell/SYM are the same company. I had an SYM 150 which is well made, but was pushed to do 100 kph on the freeway and dangerous as there was nothing left. I recently bought a SYM Legrande 250 which handles freeway speeds two up and is like riding around in a comfy chair.

If you see a cheap SYM VS125 or VS150 have a look.

People may shit can scooters, but they are amazingly useful for short haul rides.

Comment

don't get the Honda bali... old scooter... pretty good power for a 150... but the brake on it is like sponge....
                          "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Pk View Post
                            thanks guys for the advice.
                            my commute is only 8 kms
                            Ride a bicycle.
                            such comment
                            wow
                            many post

Comment

Get a litrebike/KTM soopardook arrrr/busa, don't be a pussy.
                              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Working...
                              X