Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Triumph Daytona 675

Good Evening everyone,
    In the process of upgrading my license to open class and just attempting a pre-emptive strike to find the bike that I would really like to purchase as my Big Boy Toy.

So basically I have an inexplicable love for Daytona's, sadly I have not found one at a dealership to test ride either. (Let me know if there are any you know of) looking ideally for a 2010/2011 but will take any into account. Obviously condition, km's, age, lifestyle etc will affect cost.
    Would love to hear from you if you have any info, otherwise ill be looking at buying inter-state which I find a little nerve racking. :o

Thank you

How much do you have to spend? Only reason I ask is that the new ones are pretty reasonably priced (IMO), considering what people are asking for used 2010 + models...!

JCS will also allow you to test ride on your RE's (someone from the shop will come out with you as shadow), but you do have to sign some insurance disclaimer that will cost a pretty penny if you drop the bike. They should have a new model Demo available on the floor.

Even if you are not wanting the newer model, it'll still give you a bit of a feel for the what the bike is like and I cant see too many private sales offering you test rides on your RE's.

If you do go with the older model, id recommend the 2010 or newer. I believe they had a minor update with some tweaks to the engine, monobloc brakes, uprated fork valving etc.

Comment

Roughly around the 10K mark, i'll be taking out a loan for about 5k and I have the rest already.

I certainly do like the new models, and would certainly agree that the pricing is more than fair. I've seen new ones floating for just over 15k. Alas I really like the look of the under-seat exhaust on the older models.
      As I said ideally would like a 2010+ because if its less than 3 years old my bank will reduce the interest rate.

I've seen people asking 14.5 for a used 2010 in WA but I could go and get the same bike with less km's in SA for 10.5k, hence considering the interstate purchase (then 1k to get it freighted).

Comment

There was a 2012 D675R being advertised on here for $14 odd k on here a little while back... Was low km's, might have had a pipe and a couple other goodies on it but it had been dropped (stationary) at the airport while away at work or something like that.

If it's still around and he hasnt moved it yet, you might be able to ask for a couple $$ off, if you think you can stretch the budget?

Comment

[MENTION=32672]SH00TA[/MENTION] was thinking about selling his Daytona iirc?

Comment

My Daytona is 2007 and is absolutely immaculate. I would be looking for around $8,500

Buying interstate is fine, but you could well end up with a complete dog
            Not my circus, not my monkeys

Comment

I hope you ride one first!!!

yeh I know, but I ourve it to bits, pity if you buy it and it doesn't like you!!

I know, I had a Grahite 07 model, was glad to sell it on

Comment

I was in the same predicament when I was looking for a Daytona 675. My initial budget was around 8-9k. After looking at several bikes, doing revs checks etc and some being horrendously over priced for what they are, brand new became the best option. Sure I had to stretch my budget heaps more, but at least with this I know the entire history of the bike from start to finish.

If you can stretch it, by all means do it. The '13 model was butt ugly when I first saw them, after a while they started to grow on me and I love the things to bits now (even though it's not quite in my garage at the moment).

I believe the '13 is a fraction less aggressive than the previous models. I've done 110 odd km in a stretch and it wasn't THAT bad for a sports bike.

Comment

Seen this?

http://www.bikesales.com.au/private/...d=14224DA3E87D

It's an '08 but has less than 3.5k on the clock. Has a few extras too.
                  It didn't look that far on the map...

Comment

Originally posted by SH00TA View Post
                    No different to buying local really.
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by truewheel View Post
                      Seen this?

No way that mileage is genuine for an '08
                      Not my circus, not my monkeys

Comment

I rode the '13 Daytona and Street Triple at JCS as well as the 2012 Daytona and a 2010 Triple. The newer bikes have a lower centre of gravity and are much easy in the corners.

I've always liked the look of them too and to ride them did not disappoint. Definitely ride both Daytona models if you can find an older style one for tests and a Triple to compare the ride position.

I ended up with a private sale 675R and love it! I like the look of the older ones but I wouldn't swap it as it rides better and the looks are growing on me.

Comment

I appreciate all the info and comparrisons between the 2. Issue is I'm already stretching budget going for 10k as I am considering going back to university next year and dont want to have to sell it because I can't support the payments anymore.
                          I spoke to JCS and they have sold all of pre '13 models and Witch Suzuki near me just sold the one on their lot. As people have said they have different riding stances I would really like to test ride one.

On a side note, just got my R Class permit today. How strict are they on the re-testing? Do I need more than 1 or 2 "lessons" on a big bike?

Originally posted by truewheel View Post
                          Seen this?

I have indeed seen this, sadly i don't fancy buying a bike that has scratches on it, although on the plus side i suppose it is bargaining power.

Originally posted by SH00TA View Post
                          My Daytona is 2007 and is absolutely immaculate. I would be looking for around $8,500

I'm assuming this is the one in your Avatar picture? Could you possibly message me some more details as I would be interested.

Comment

Had a 2012 model pull up next to my 2013 when I was at the Cott 2 Sunday's ago. 675 Double D's

Comment

The twin Comp Werkes pipes on that 12 are pretty sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X