Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Ducati Streetfighter S

Hey guys,
    Looking at buying a 1098 streetfighter s. I cant see any for sale in WA at the moment, has anyone seen any around or thinking of selling there's?
    Can see one 1098sf for sale in Albany I think it was, but its not the S.
    PM me if you have any details.

Cheers
    Grant.

Mmmm I'm holding my tongue ... Only off the shelf SF I approve of is the "beast" ktm1290

My opinion aside ... A fellow psber " agrid" runs the bike u are after and it did turn me on ... Stunt central !!
    Good to see 60yr old psbers that still have it !! Lol !!

Well keep an eye out for you .

Price range u are looking at ?
    Year ?
    Kms?
    IF ITS TO LOUD ! YOUR TOO OLD

Comment

Originally posted by Slipin View Post
      Mmmm I'm holding my tongue ... Only off the shelf SF I approve of is the "beast" ktm1290

My opinion aside ... A fellow psber " agrid" runs the bike u are after and it did turn me on ... Stunt central !!
      Good to see 60yr old psbers that still have it !! Lol !!

Well keep an eye out for you .

Price range u are looking at ?
      Year ?
      Kms?
      Agrid has the hypermotard the same as mine with the air cooled 1100, the street fighter is a touch more stripped back and evil with the 1098 water cooled superbike motor with the usual softer tune.

Think precursor to and design influence for the newest superduke

The regular 1098sf will get the job done if it's the only one you can find, you won't notice the extra 1.7kg dry weight, the power and tune is the same, unless you're fine tuning the suspension for tenths off a lap time you may not even notice the different suspenders.
      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Yeh [MENTION=12453]Slipin[/MENTION] I agree the 1290 would be nice, but at 25k, then by the time you add the full pipe and a few carbon bits, your up towards 30k... too much for me.
        Have around 20k max to play with.
        Looking at either the SF or or as [MENTION=17003]filbert[/MENTION] mentioned the Hyper. My brother has a '12 Hyper 1100 evo sp with the full termi race pipe and a few other extras, only done just over 2000km.. I can pick that up for considerably less, was just testing the water to see if any SF's were around, otherwise I think Ill grab that. Just thought the SF will be a bit more practical thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempo View Post
          Yeh [MENTION=12453]Slipin[/MENTION] I agree the 1290 would be nice, but at 25k, then by the time you add the full pipe and a few carbon bits, your up towards 30k... too much for me.
          Have around 20k max to play with.
          Looking at either the SF or or as [MENTION=17003]filbert[/MENTION] mentioned the Hyper. My brother has a '12 Hyper 1100 evo sp with the full termi race pipe and a few other extras, only done just over 2000km.. I can pick that up for considerably less, was just testing the water to see if any SF's were around, otherwise I think Ill grab that. Just thought the SF will be a bit more practical thats all.
          Look in all seriousness anything 1000cc twin or over and mate u are gana have a blast !! I've my sv1000 does monos ! Slips and slides !! Just an all out laugh in the wet !! Long story short just ride the bikes in ur price range , find the bike that agrees with u but still scares u and vola !!! Happy Blody times !!! Ducati as well ... Just ozez status !!! Lol!!
          IF ITS TO LOUD ! YOUR TOO OLD

Comment

There's about 50+ HP difference between the 1100 evo motor and the 1098, Very big difference depending on what you want from it.

Comment

I have the 1098SF and its a beast of a bike. Set it up with Termis, dp ecu, filter and pc5 and its got all the power you will ever need.

Comment

Andy was thinking of selling his, but has decided to keep it, just keep your eyes peeled, they do come up, but this time of the year people are busy doing other things!

Have you ridden one? They aren't for everyone and the clutch is a tad hard for lots of commute riding, but out in the open or in the twisties you will forgive it, but it does take a bit of getting used to i.e. the riding style, myself I didn't enjoy it at all, just another bike

Comment

Thanks anyway guys have decided to go with my brothers hyper. Suits me better for what ill be doing on it and its cheaper

Comment

Working...
                  X