Buell X-1 White Lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale Buell X-1 White Lightning

never thought I'd do this, but the Buell is up for sale. Love this bike, but just don't ride it enough with two other bikes in the shed, and there is a new boat coming. It's a 2002 X-1 White Lightning, one of the last of the tube-framed Buells. It is fitted with the race kit, which was ECM, headers, and air cleaner. The pipe has some extra baffling, so it isn't cop bait. 39,xxx k's , clean dry motor, Rivera Primo clutch. Tyres are new, PR4 rear, Pilot Power front. So is the battery, and new fork seals just fitted at Chain Reaction. Registered until June 2018. Sharp eyes may spot the front indicators are a bit bodged, I have a new set of 4 LEDs coming. There are some marks on the headers where the PO lowsided it. No other marks. Some odds and ends of spares included.

" Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill"

It must be free as there is no asking price!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulaj View Post
      its a buell.. of course its free. or maybe he is paying people to take it :-)

in all serious tho it does look like a cool bike, a harley that can turn & stop with a exhaust that isnt totally idiotic

Comment

I so traumatised by putting it for sale I forgot a few details. like price and contact. And location. Asking $9K. PM me for anything else. The bike is currently located in Kalbarri,; I'll be coming down end of February and can bring it with me. If no interest on here by middle of Feb it's going on eBay. There has only been one of these on there in the last 2 years, must be getting hard to come by. Plenty of the later spar frame jobs.

Comment

In that case sold lol
          Born to ride forced to work

Comment

Out of curiosity, in the first photo, what is the round cylindrical thing in front og the exhaust?

Also, does this thing run two air filters? looks like one air filter above the battery and one in between the cylinders?

Is the engine oil in the swing arm?

Comment

Originally posted by datsikk View Post
              Out of curiosity, in the first photo, what is the round cylindrical thing in front og the exhaust?

Also, does this thing run two air filters? looks like one air filter above the battery and one in between the cylinders?

Is the engine oil in the swing arm?
              not a Buell person, are you that's Ok, the thing in front of the exhaust is a catch can and breather. That's the oil tank (dry sump motor) above the battery , fuel injection throttle body between the cylinders, with air cleaner on the LHS behind that carbon fibre. Normally referred to as a "ham can" type filter. Oil filter, spin on, in front of the crankcase.
              if you don't know about these bikes, they are really an acquired taste--I resisted riding them for years, but, once I did, had to own one. Big lump of a relatively low revving big v-twin in a very good frame and compact package. The motor on these is basically an Evo Sporty, 1203cc, but with different heads, cams, pistons, flywheels-pretty well everything. Normally dyno (with kit, as fitted) just over 100 RWHP, but the torque--quite addictive.

Comment

Buell bikes are quite interesting...in later models the "fuel tank" was an air box, the oil was stored in the swing arm? and fuel in the frame? This one has the rear suspension down low near the muffler, great for c.g but is a low c.g good on a bike?

not a fan of the exposed battery but the rest of it looks pretty cool.

Good luck with the sale.

Comment

LOL, if you have to ask the price...
                  But wai...
                  In my dreams...
                  ONE POWERBALL...
                  The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
                  G T

Comment

New front led indicators fitted. Open to offers, going on eBay soon.

Comment

Now on Gumtree with new pictures

Comment

Looks like I'm sticking with my big block Buell.
                        Unless the lotteries commission decides otherwise.
                        The only thing wrong with a perfect ride to work is that you end up at work.
                        G T

Comment

Hey, if it can go to to a good home within reasonable delivery distance (ie, around Perth), I'm open to offers.

Comment

Bump. Still here, open to negotiation before I put it on ebay. Bike will be moved to Perth for easier viewing.

Comment

Bump. Now listing for $8k.

Comment

Working...
                              X