Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti-Bargain Bike Spotted in the Classifieds.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
    R100RS... Ever have to replace the valve guides? Smokey horizontal cylinders do that.

    You want a great 70's bike? Guzzi 1974 750S. Last one sold in WA went for $25K and I wouldn't sell mine for less.

    Or more for that matter. What a sweet bike.
    I’m unfamiliar with that one. I’ve owned 2 Mk3 LeMans. Fuck me what a machine! The faster I went the better it felt. Here’s the second one.
    https://youtu.be/R0rwEQWYhDU

    1000 kit, twin plugged, lightened flywheel and clutch. Got it resprayed in the original white. Sold it to a bloke in zQld for 11k. Always regretted selling it. Never had s bike that inspired confidence at high speeds like it. And the brakes. I know I’m preaching to the converted but the integrated braking system on those made it the best braking bike I’ve ever had. And that includes my modern bikes. I reckon the Mk3 was the pick of that entire series. There’s a nice one in Vic and boy I wish I had a spare 15k. But the Mk1 is worth more than the Mk2-5 despite the fact that it wasn’t as good a bike. They’re just rarer

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Chuck Steak View Post
      I’m unfamiliar with that one. I’ve owned 2 Mk3 LeMans. Fuck me what a machine! The faster I went the better it felt. Here’s the second one.
      https://youtu.be/R0rwEQWYhDU

      1000 kit, twin plugged, lightened flywheel and clutch. Got it resprayed in the original white. Sold it to a bloke in zQld for 11k. Always regretted selling it. Never had s bike that inspired confidence at high speeds like it. And the brakes. I know I’m preaching to the converted but the integrated braking system on those made it the best braking bike I’ve ever had. And that includes my modern bikes. I reckon the Mk3 was the pick of that entire series. There’s a nice one in Vic and boy I wish I had a spare 15k. But the Mk1 is worth more than the Mk2-5 despite the fact that it wasn’t as good a bike. They’re just rarer
      Roundfin sport guzzis from the 70's would have to rate just below 70's ss ducatis as the Anti-Bargain Bikes of the century. Both behind Laverda...

      Seems there's these old bastards paying more than a new modern bike for something from their teen wet dreams. Compare a vanilla R100RS with say, a Triumph Trophy. Chalk and cheese.
      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
        Roundfin sport guzzis from the 70's would have to rate just below 70's ss ducatis as the Anti-Bargain Bikes of the century. Both behind Laverda...

        Seems there's these old bastards paying more than a new modern bike for something from their teen wet dreams. Compare a vanilla R100RS with say, a Triumph Trophy. Chalk and cheese.
        Yep. The beemer is 35 years older but still by far the better touring bike than the shitbox pommy Triumph fucking Whats-his-name

        Comment


        • looks like this dome racer spent more time writing the ad & cataloging all mods in a colour coded excel spread sheet than

          https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cann...ati/1204561791

          Comment


          • I like that not only did the owner provide costs of the mods, they also included labour to fit them, down to the cent 😂

            Comment


            • I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post up that bike.

              And fucking Rizoma... overpriced weak as fuck aluminium garbage sold for looks over function... oh wait Ducati... carry on.
              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hillz View Post
                looks like this dome racer spent more time writing the ad & cataloging all mods in a colour coded excel spread sheet than

                https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cann...ati/1204561791
                What a fuckstick, does he really believe he can get back all the labour that some dealer/shop raped him for when he got his shitty accessories fitted
                #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                Originally posted by Phildo
                Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                Originally posted by filbert
                i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                Comment


                • Overpriced italian dinosaurs follow. The 750 Electronica listed was AUD102,000 but check the other Laverdas below. Stupidly expensive.

                  https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C731597
                  The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Chuck Steak View Post
                    Yep. The beemer is 35 years older but still by far the better touring bike than the shitbox pommy Triumph fucking Whats-his-name
                    You need to ride one you'll be surprised. Maybe any modern bike. But electronic ignition, no points. The pity. Cant fix a bike with a rolley paper and fencing wire anymore.
                    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

                    Comment


                    • I’m not saying it’s not a nice bike to ride. If I was going to go for a modern bike it’d be a Moto Guzzi Norge - at least it has a shaft.
                      But there are four other areas where that Triumph can’t mix it with my beemer as a longevrange tourer. 1. It’s water cooled. Something else that can go wrong. 2. What if you have a minor incident and the bike falls over? Allnthat shitty plastic to smash along with gear sticks and levers and so on. The fairing on my beemer is 1cm thick fibreglass. I was in a bookshop in Brisbane once when a lady walked in and said “excuse me your bike just fell over”. I hadn’t put the stand down properly. The only damage to the bike was chipped fibreglass on the raised lip on the edge of the fairing. 3. 19” rims. Much better on dirt than modern 17” rims. 4. Steel fucking rims. I can go blasting down a potholed dirt road and no matter how badly the bike gets rattled around the wheels will survive. 5. Factory fucking Cruise control. Bet you didn’t know about that. Not bad for 1977 eh? 6. With the weight low in the frame because of the boxer motor it’s a piece of piss to ride off-road. I love zooming past guys on chook chasers. I used to rally a lot and my favourite rally was the Alpine Rally up in Brindabellas south of Canberra. The best part about it was the 30km of dirt to get into the rally. No touring bike is complete without decent off-road manners that’s why the so called adventure tourer was invented by BMW. What they didn’t know was that they were unnecessary. 7. Perfect ergonomics. You can sit on 140-150 all day with the wind tunnel designed fairing. Not bad for 1977. How many reasons is that ? Lost count

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
                        Overpriced italian dinosaurs follow. The 750 Electronica listed was AUD102,000 but check the other Laverdas below. Stupidly expensive.

                        https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C731597
                        Yep there’s a class of bike (and car) which is only worth so much for the rarity of their pose value. It begs the question of how insecure people are in themselves to need to spend that much to impress others

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by hillz View Post
                          looks like this dome racer spent more time writing the ad & cataloging all mods in a colour coded excel spread sheet than

                          https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cann...ati/1204561791
                          Performance coolant mofo's!!!!!!!!!!
                          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

                          Comment


                          • Rear Tyre Plug: $62.50
                            He has got to be taking the piss.

                            May as well list every set of tyres he's put on the thing, except it probably has never seen a new set after rolling off the dealership floor.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Known View Post
                              He has got to be taking the piss.

                              May as well list every set of tyres he's put on the thing, except it probably has never seen a new set after rolling off the dealership floor.
                              I laughed hard at that too - they probably are the original tyres, and listing that your tyre has a plug is not necessarily a good thing, but in the spirit of listing absolutely everything I guess that was a must... and if it was a previous set, why is it even relevant? If it is the current set, state it as a defect, not as a cost you are hoping to recoup.

                              I'm surprised he didn't list every tank of fuel (and 98 of course, not that cheap arse 95), each service, and state that his tyres are filled with nitrogen because screw the poxy air that all the commoners use.

                              Comment


                              • "Akrapovic Full Titanium Exhaust System (Pro Twin Used For 500km): $3850.00 (Savings: $1149.00)" - wowsers, thinking about this his used exhaust system cost him more than my entire current setup, including transfer and 12 months insurance.

                                and yes. so, so much bling however has a plug in the back tyre?

                                but i dont spose you need it if it stays in the living room on the trickle charger hey. long as it looks the part i guess
                                I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X