Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti-Bargain Bike Spotted in the Classifieds.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
    I will not threadshit in someone's for sale thread but since this thread exists... https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...d.php?t=188173

    Do people just not bother to look at the market before they put up an ad? Or maybe they expect the haggle so they put up the initial price 40% over market value? These are awesome bikes and this one has some upsides (good colour scheme) and downsides (two brothers, minor damage, etc) but the price is just miles from realistic.
    You’re brave posting that, hahahaha.

    Nobody really wants to ‘sell’ their vehicles. They want a large sum of money akin to what they *think* it’s worth, and are not realistic enough to lower the price to what it *is* worth
    Rest in Peace

    #294

    Comment


    • I sold an 07 CBR6 three years ago for $5.5K with lots of fruit (and was 3 years younger). I didn't want to threadshit either so sent them a PM. OP was going off bikesales prices, which aren't realistic (even through a dealer which comes with a warranty of sorts which may help bump up the price). The model before was routinely being advertised for $7K on bikesales. Just because it's advertised at that price doesn't mean it'll sell at that price.
      Last edited by Kristy; 23-01-2019, 10:40 AM.

      Comment


      • Agree with you there - the money I have put into changes and turbo'ing my bike versus what some is reallistically prepared to pay for a 20 year old bike is miles apart ....guess it will be mine forever until it becomes a 'post classic' or whatever they want to call it or someone just really wants it bad enough
        All good girls should whistle!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
          I will not threadshit in someone's for sale thread but since this thread exists... https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/for...d.php?t=188173

          Do people just not bother to look at the market before they put up an ad? Or maybe they expect the haggle so they put up the initial price 40% over market value? These are awesome bikes and this one has some upsides (good colour scheme) and downsides (two brothers, minor damage, etc) but the price is just miles from realistic.
          Wow... I sold my 3 year old Fireblade for $500 more than he's asking for a 12 year old 600!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by =Maz= View Post
            Seriously, there are so many cheap track-bikes up for sale...god ones...that you'd be better of having unprotected sex with a street walker than trying to save money converting this into a track-bike.
            That would be Hondas?
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

            Comment


            • Originally posted by chew View Post
              That would be Hondas?
              You mean Japanese Ducati? Lol
              All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
              #158...RIP James Thompson

              Originally posted by Ryanoceros
              Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

              Comment


              • Yeah, that one (CBR) is a bit far off the mark. You simply cannot get the money you once did for these bikes. One of the reasons I will never sell my ZX10R, as there is no way I could ever get even remotely close to recouping any cost. I could sell all the go fast bits separately for more money than I could the bike complete with them fitted on it. Weird but true.
                Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                  I didn't want to threadshit either so sent them a PM. OP was going off bikesales prices, which aren't realistic (even through a dealer which comes with a warranty of sorts which may help bump up the price).
                  Yeah a lot of people seem to do that and BS prices are usually at the top of the range you'd expect from a dealer and well over a private sale price
                  There can also be quite a difference in prices between states
                  #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                  Originally posted by Phildo
                  Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                  98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                  Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                  Comment


                  • This fuckwit and his shitty CBR250RR Pirate eye-patch bike, with wanky seller's speak;

                    https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/spea...ade/1207759812



                    "it whips your eyeballs back into your skull" I'm pretty sure it doesn't

                    "Einstein's theory says there is always an equal and opposite reaction" That's one of Newton's theories you fuckwit.

                    "The eyepatch on the front only adds to its mysticism" No it doesn't, it just makes it look fucked.

                    I'll give you a $1000, and will kick you in the balls every day for a week.
                    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

                    Comment


                    • Lol
                      A wall of text(bullshit) and no mention of the general condition of the bike.

                      I'm pretty sure the 'eye patch thing (broken light?) will attract a canary.

                      *facepalm*
                      Have recently serviced this soaring eagle and her shoes have still got many miles in them for you to take her to the beach and whisper sweet nothings as the sun sets

                      Comment


                      • In fairness I love that colour scheme and would probably buy it..
                        Rest in Peace

                        #294

                        Comment


                        • Aww, I wanted to read the ad - i felt like i could do with some simultaneous cringing and facepalming but alas, it's sold.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                            Aww, I wanted to read the ad - i felt like i could do with some simultaneous cringing and facepalming but alas, it's sold.
                            SOLD? More like he heard the shit people were talking about him that he pulled the ad
                            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                            Originally posted by Phildo
                            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                            Originally posted by filbert
                            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

                            98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

                            Comment


                            • https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/d...AG-AD-15383853

                              Tell him he’s dreaming
                              Born to ride forced to work

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CbrRider81 View Post
                                That's one of the best anti bargains going atm

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X