Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti-Bargain Bike Spotted in the Classifieds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahaha. HAHAHHAAHAHA!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mait...cle/1187313756

You know I'd really like an electric second bike, but $60,000? Tapped in the head, you are.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom V. View Post
      Hahaha. HAHAHHAAHAHA!

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mait...cle/1187313756

You know I'd really like an electric second bike, but $60,000? Tapped in the head, you are.
      Redbook private price guide $17k-$20k.

With a "custom" fast charger that has possibly fucked the batteries.

Just what you need for a bike whose manufacturer left Australia two years ago.
      Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
      1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

• Originally posted by chew View Post
        Seen that in the flesh, it is immaculate, blah, never ridden in rain, blah, only 200km rides, blah, zorst is $8k replacement cost. I offered him $14k as I just spotted it where it is stored and asked about it.

I do have an SP1 with 33,000 km on the clock that we got for $9k including some repairs, new tyres, insurance and re-rego. It was a bargain.

One of these parked next to my bike at the Airport bike parking. Uncovered, out in the rain and weather for a week or 2, brings me much sadness. Anything Honda with an RC designation deserves better methinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loud View Post
          Redbook private price guide $17k-$20k.

With a "custom" fast charger that has possibly fucked the batteries.

Just what you need for a bike whose manufacturer left Australia two years ago.
          Yeah it wasn't the Darwin dealer that gave up. I understand we were cut adrift because the company was replacing failing controllers very frequently. The bikes certainly did not work in a monsoonal climate.
          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

• I'd love to have an SP1 and 2, but those prices are out of control...lol
            SP RACINGis supported by:
            MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
            Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
            Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

• Didn't the SP bikes come out as a standard bike, with the option of up-speccing every single component (including the frame) to Honda Racing spec? I wonder if these owners have seen the price of a fully specced one and go "yeah my stock one is worth that"?
              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

• You're thinking of the Yamaha R7, which was sold for about $60,000 with only about 110HP, then you would need to spend nearly the same again to get it up to competition spec.
                Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/byfo...ati/1192251416

There has to be something seriously wrong with it seeing as Redbook say's $10-$12K trade in value..

Apart from being a Ducati that is..
                  This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

Comment

• ^^^^

1. The owner is mentally unhinged.

2. PPSR shows that eleventy squillion is still owed on it.

3. There is no left hand side of the bike left after a particularly spectacular lowside.
                    Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

• In a similar vein...

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cool...96s/1172363065

$8k is a bargain for a 996, but you'll probably need to spend about 3x that to get it back into decent knick.
                      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

• A deposit to test ride a bike that has already been dropped. How could anything possibly go wrong?!
                        Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                        1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

• wtf?!! who does this & how could anyone ride around with a giant hole in the back seat like that its a easy job & your bike would'nt look like abos have stolen it

Last edited by Hillz; 13-08-2018, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Photography by a drunk.

Comment

• If the current and previous owner didn't spend $100 on the seat...

Then imagine when the timing belt was done last.

Redbook of $7,600 - $9,000. Less cosmetic repairs. Less servicing. Worthy bike for the thread.
                              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

• "This is a one of a kind machine, costs nothing to run."
                                .. HA .. Do you have to charge it.. Apparently electricity is free.. I must be doing something wrong I keep getting a bill for my usage..

Comment

Working...
                                X