Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti-Bargain Bike Spotted in the Classifieds.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale The Anti-Bargain Bike Spotted in the Classifieds.

We have a bargain bikes thread, handy to find a well priced deal or some rare exotica that pops up for time to time.

But what about those buckets of snot that owners are delusional about the value of? Bikes that should just be thrown in the skip?

And no this is not just a cheap shot at every MV Agusta (Or other Italian bikes).

Well look no further, for your bemusement and ridicule; The Anti-Bargain bike thread.

Starting it off with this abomination... It's pretty methed up.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/loga...ike/1185568129

Last edited by TurboR1; 09-07-2018, 05:00 AM.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

But it’s got upgraded brake pads and recently surviced. Surely worth a second look.

Comment

I’ll see your kwaka and raise you a cafe racer
      http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hilla...rce=ios_social
      Honda Blackbird, The gentleman's weapon of choice
      Barbeque sauce is the devils bum gravy

Comment

check out this cunt lol trying to get all the money back he spent on maintenance over the years.

even has parts that dont exist on it, 2 stroke highcomp piston & crank lol

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/yanc...250/1186790959

2006 YZ250 wanting 6.5k
        Last edited by Hillz; 09-07-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

^ holy hand grenade batman !

on the plus side I can confirm its had at least one (1) sticker kit applied.

possibly more.
          I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

A custom seat and triple clamp does not triple the value of a second hand LAMs bike....

Taking the piss.

https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/d...450&pss=~Price

Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Ugh. The odd set of angles made by that seat/tank/frame combo make it hard to look at and causes me great mental distress. Fucked up geometry like that is the #1 reason that most "customs" look like a dog's breakfast.

I CANNOT WAIT for someone to inevitably get butthurt by this thread and come on here to argue the case for their bike for sale! It's going to be so many laughs.
              EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Originally posted by ApatheticEnd View Post
                I CANNOT WAIT for someone to inevitably get butthurt by this thread and come on here to argue the case for their bike for sale! It's going to be so many laughs.
                While not my intention, I don't doubt this will be the case with Italian some bike owners.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                  A custom seat and triple clamp does not triple the value of a second hand LAMs bike....

Taking the piss.

FWIW - having been looking at bikes over the past 9months or so over here, I can say that they ‘hold their value’........

No comment directly on this abomination of a machine - but they do stay closer to their original retail value for a longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah we're 8 posts deep and haven't seen an Italian rip off yet...
                    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

Holding their value, fair enough... But when you buy a bike for $10k and put a different seat on it, it doesn't not make it a $30k bike... Porsche leather or not.

Comment

porsche leather from a old 944 they found in a wrecking yard lol

Comment

you guys can probably help me so i dont end up on this page lol , i have a 1999 ZZR1100D that has about 55k on it and im about to pay 3 months rego. its missing front mud guard , has some scrapes and a little dent on the tank. tyres are fingered and the chain is pretty close it. i was told its value is $3500 but i take into account the tires and chain and im thinking $2500. engine runs great and i just fitted braided front brake lines and a braided clutch line. also i took off the silly spot light for fear of it coming off and hitting me at speed. and also for fear of being seen with it on the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post

Taking the piss.

Let's hope they accept my offer of 9 grand, I really do need a fun commuter.

Rest in Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger View Post
                              i have a 1999 ZZR1100D that has about 55k
                              Do yourself a favour and take some proper photos of it (without the spot light) and put it on gumtree.

Considering there is a 92 on gumtree for $4250, that needs work. And a 91 for $5000, with not so much as an image.

You should be able to shift this quick, fuck it, for $50 I'll take some photos of it and you can put it up for the $3.5k and probably get $3k for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X