Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 K1/K2 GSXR600 - Minor project bike

*Sold, pending pick up *

Have had this in my shed for way too long and just wasn't finding the time to do it up.
    I have owned it since ~2007. Serviced mostly by Derek Ball over the years.

Is/was running and ridden last about 12 months ago but was hardly ever used for a number of years before that as I have another bike. (hence quite low kms)
    At that point my cousin was going to buy it off me, do it up and have it as his upgrade - but 9 months ago someone T-boned him on his 250 and he's still not in a position to ride for quite a while.... so it has come back to me, and has got to go to someone else.

Paint isn't perfect (some stickers are a little faded), but it's very good condition for a bike of its age. Tank is pretty much like new. (It is not recently washed like in these photos, and front/lower fairings are currently off, but gives you a good indication of what it looks like with a little bit of cleanup work.)

It has developed an oil leak from somewhere up top. (I suspect it just needs a new rocker gasket... Didn't affect performance or blow smoke or anything.)

Cousin reported that the battery died in the few rides he had on it and possibly regulator gone in the process?
    I have a couple of spare regulators and a spare rotors with it but I don't know their condition - but might be straight simple swaps.

Front brake also went soft while rolling it off the trailer a month ago - so there is hydraulics to bleed (or a new seal?) for the front brakes to do.

Have a brand new battery still in the box for it.

Also comes with a bunch of bits and bob - including spare tank, spare forks, spare wheels and old race glass that will need work fitting/repainting - (I got it years ago but never fitted it).
    Might even throw in a few other things for the right buyer.

~40K on the odo. Rego paid until May.

Unfortunately I am time and shedspace poor at the moment, so...
    $2,500 and its all yours.

[email protected]
    0415 209 131

‚Äč
    Last edited by xphread; 12-01-2021, 05:14 AM.

Its quite rare now find a sports bike like this in straight original condition. reliable bikes, It would have more than enough go and handling in it to keep your attention.

got to be worth a look .

best of luck with your sale !!
    Last edited by Heretic; 04-01-2021, 11:00 PM.
    I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Sold, pending pickup..

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
        Its quite rare now find a sports bike like this in straight original condition. reliable bikes, It would have more than enough go and handling in it to keep your attention.

got to be worth a look .

best of luck with your sale !!
        ive been looking for a k5 gsxr600 blue/light blue or a k5 gsxr750 anniversary both are rare as hens teeth in good nick and low kms.
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Working...
        X