Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peristaltic pump unit - A long shot I know..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Peristaltic pump unit - A long shot I know..

Im after a peristaltic pump for a machine I am wanting to build for myself to dehumidify small batches of honey.

Im not sure of the flow rate required, but 200-300mls a minute would be heaps I am thinking.

Am thinking 8mm, or 10mm internal diameter on the silicone hose.

Anyone got a lead on this stuff? or better still got a spare one kicking around? Would consider anything at this stage - motorless, speed controlller less etc

Let us know hey!!

Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

I can check the system at work tomorrow Rob and get some details for specific pumps. Tim should be able to help here also. What are you going to be pumping, Honey or water ?
    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Last edited by agrid; 07-04-2011, 09:08 PM.
      -

Comment

Hurlcon do a unit for the auto pool equipment, as do chemigem. Not sure of prices but you could call Greg at pool & spa mart and he'd tell you. The numbers 9384 6164.
        Dolphin 38.

I don't know whether you noticed Marjory, but the criminal fraternity sometimes indulge in practices called pretending and lying.

Comment

Originally posted by crozzer View Post
          Hurlcon do a unit for the auto pool equipment, as do chemigem. Not sure of prices but you could call Greg at pool & spa mart and he'd tell you. The numbers 9384 6164.
          Chemigems feed by opening a valve and using the suction from the pump to draw the chemicals. Some Chloromatic systems use a peristaltic pump for acid dosing , I'll have a look and see if I have any 2nd hand ones, I wouldn't like to guess the price of a new one (I don't sell Chloromatic stuff any more)

I've never tested the flow rate but it would be quite low, I might be able to find out tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by tim the pool man View Post
            Chemigems feed by opening a valve and using the suction from the pump to draw the chemicals.
            You can also specify a pump, although not as common as the valves, not sure which would be cheaper though
            Dolphin 38.

I don't know whether you noticed Marjory, but the criminal fraternity sometimes indulge in practices called pretending and lying.

Comment

Let me know the details of what you want Rob, our Queensland branch actually specializes in peristaltic, so I'm sure we could help you out......
              Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

We have a couple floating around work. See if there are any that can be "donated".
                Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Labfit in Burswood used to resell them, might be worth checking out.

Otherwise a slow motor, couple of discs and some dowel and you can clip your existing hose into a DIY one
                  "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Cheers for the offers fella's - some good stuff there!!

Glad I asked!!
                    Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Working...
                    X