Leathers for track days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Leathers for track days

I am chasing a set of leathers to do some track days in. I dont care about the condition they are in but would prefer if it came with armour and knee sliders.

I am
    180cm (6ft) tall
    around a 36inch waist
    but Im a bit porky at 100kg.

I think I need a US54. If anybody has a set they dont use and want to sell Im interested.
    Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

I was way wrong about the size. I need US46/EU56 or a 48/58.

I tried a 2 piece and the 46/56 fitted but it wasnt for sale but when I tried a 1 piece the 46/56 was too tight.
    Last edited by Thunderbird; 16-05-2011, 10:52 AM.

Comment

If you don't mind waiting for them google sportsbike trackgear they have fantastic clearance sales on leathers and if there is slight leather staining from factory they are even cheaper

I got my teknic suit close out sale 2008 model I think for about 650 delivered to my door and that was full price

But if you just need a set for that day your booked in pretty sure can just hire a set from motorcycle pitstop (angove street) if you had to wait for your shiny new set

Comment

Pm sbk toy store, they did me a Teknic 1 pce at a much better price than anyone local (well before the dollar hit parity) and 10 days from order to delivery

Comment

Eat a few pies and i have a set here would do you. I had them made to measure 6 months ago, so if you scoff 100 pies a day for the next month and don't take a dump, they'd be perfect!!
          95 Yamaha Diversion 600, 95 Triumph Trophy, 96 Kwak ZX9R, 97 CBR 900RR, 98 GSXR 600, 99 R1, 2000 ZX6R, 2004 CBR 1000RR. Too many offroad bikes to mention, but mainly orange ones!!

Comment

really....?
            how much you after?

Comment

I cant remember the online store I got my leathers from but they are in america they were Joe rockets 2 piece for $700 2 years ago that's including postage might be worth looking at they have 1peice suites and 2 peice suits Street Bike : Suits-One Piece - RidersDiscount.com

Comment

Hey thuderbird just doing the same for myself looks like you have the track day bug also I'm booked for oct 30th

SBK is selling these at a fairly decent price Cortech Latigo 1PC Leather suit - Racing Suits - sportbike - Superbike Toy Store - Fast, Reliable Service and Great Prices
                "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

Originally posted by colmac View Post
                  Eat a few pies and i have a set here would do you. I had them made to measure 6 months ago, so if you scoff 100 pies a day for the next month and don't take a dump, they'd be perfect!!
                  What size, PM if embarrassed

Originally posted by burlyoaf View Post
                  really....?
                  how much you after?
                  Stop hijacking my thread, I have first dibs of anything mentioned in here :starwars:

Originally posted by SOLID View Post
                  Hey thuderbird just doing the same for myself looks like you have the track day bug also I'm booked for oct 30th

SBK is selling these at a fairly decent price Cortech Latigo 1PC Leather suit - Racing Suits - sportbike - Superbike Toy Store - Fast, Reliable Service and Great Prices
                  Yeah keen as. I just got offered a level 1 for the 14th so Im trying to chase some up before then. I only need second hand ones at the moment.

Comment

Ahhh ok, enjoy! I cant wait for the 30th might have to do a tuning session in the meantime, Thought about hiring a set?
                    Last edited by SOLID; 03-05-2011, 03:58 PM.
                    "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

Originally posted by burlyoaf View Post
                      really....?
                      how much you after?
                      Well if you are 6ft and come in at @130kg mark, these might work for you. I am quite a solid fellow:o

Here they are and they do have armour in all the right places, have a fashionable hump on the back and i got them vented in the body for warm days. I have worn them 3 times only and they are unmarked, apart from some flies and i am sure i could wash them off. Oh i got them made so my Back protector (for sale also on here) would fit correctly.

$250 for these, as they are a decent quality leather and stitching, not that lightweight rubbish that some of the mass produced guys use (even the Reids bootmaker fellow said so!!)
                      Attached Files
                      95 Yamaha Diversion 600, 95 Triumph Trophy, 96 Kwak ZX9R, 97 CBR 900RR, 98 GSXR 600, 99 R1, 2000 ZX6R, 2004 CBR 1000RR. Too many offroad bikes to mention, but mainly orange ones!!

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID View Post
                        Ahhh ok, enjoy! I cant wait for the 30th might have to do a tuning session in the meantime, Thought about hiring a set?
                        Not really. If I dont get a set in time I will just wear my draggins, it is only level 1. I have already booked in for a ts on the 26th of June.

Colmac, yeah they will be a bit big for me but it gives me something to work towards They look good and are at a great price. All yours burlyoaf

Comment

May I suggest buy once buy quality, there are great deals over seas atm. Buy quality boots, gloves and knox contour back protector as well. Berek Raptor 7889 and Teknics Xcellerator both held up to high speed impacts for me. The Xcellerator was intact prior to the ambos, is lighter but might cause a rumpus having a quick beer on a ride. The 7889 held up to a wet track 150km/hr highside/slide perfectly.
                          Write a list and pack the night before, hydrate and enjoy. Be warned, track days are very addictive lol

Comment

still looking. dont really want to order from overseas as I cant try them on first. Looking for a 2nd hand pair if anybody knows of some.

Comment

Bought mine of sbk the other night mind you I have the luxury of having a set b4 and just used that as a yard stick. I'll let you know how my conquest for leathers on line turns out as they should arrive next week. Just noticed your booked in for a TS on the 26th tempted to book in also.

PS did you ever get those pics of the ARD sent to you ThunderB?

Comment

Working...
                              X