X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Buy Rear stand & Borrow Carby balancer

Buy rear stand

Could i borrow a Carby balancer

to balance a 1990 Suzuki GSX250F Across.

Very flat spots in 8k-10k rpm, i have a good feeling one of them is out of sync.
    xtan
    Rest In Peace
    Last edited by xtan; 01-04-2011, 01:44 PM. Reason: added rear stand

Hey due,

Out of Sync generally only affects bikes at idle. Bike balancers only measure at about 2000rpm.

I'd say your slides are sticking.
    You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
      Hey due,

Out of Sync generally only affects bikes at idle. Bike balancers only measure at about 2000rpm.

I'd say your slides are sticking.
      When you mean slide are you talking about the black cylinder plastic that the holder and needle sits in?

My 3rd (which has minor damage about 3mm semi-circle chip top and bottom) one from left keeps falling off or staying in the carb when i lift the diaphragm up.
      I just replaced all 4 slide holders, there is 2 carbs on this bike!

Is it worth replacing the slide? Or is it the plastic that holders the 2 slides?

Comment

carb balancers normally calibrate at idle, otherwise fluid will get sucked into carbs, most people won't lend them as they are delicate except the ones with stainless rods.
        There are two questions in life.
        1:Which way do I go
        2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

What suburb are you in?
          Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Originally posted by xtan View Post
            When you mean slide are you talking about the black cylinder plastic that the holder and needle sits in?

My 3rd (which has minor damage about 3mm semi-circle chip top and bottom) one from left keeps falling off or staying in the carb when i lift the diaphragm up.
            I just replaced all 4 slide holders, there is 2 carbs on this bike!

Is it worth replacing the slide? Or is it the plastic that holders the 2 slides?
            Can you take a photo?

If the slide has a big enough hole in it it wont lift at all or wont lift as much depending on the size of the hole.

Generally they just get gummed up. The springs get worn, the needles get worn and the emulsion tube (the things the needles go into) get worn.

P.S when you do a barn balance you should do a valve adjustment at the smae time.
            Last edited by Cbr1k; 02-04-2011, 09:13 AM.
            You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
              What suburb are you in?
              North of river, Karrinyup

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
              Can you take a photo?

If the slide has a big enough hole in it it wont lift at all or wont lift as much depending on the size of the hole.

Generally they just get gummed up. The springs get worn, the needles get worn and the emulsion tube (the things the needles go into) get worn.

P.S when you do a barn balance you should do a valve adjustment at the smae time.
              I will take a photo tonight but the chip is on the outer cylinder part (not where the needle slides)

I don't know how to adjust tappets/valves. After removing everything i'm worried i won't know exactly how to put everything back. Don't trust myself opening valve cover.

There is no aftermarket air filter at ALL for the Suzuki GSX250F across, only stock replacement. My question is, if i remove airbox and get 2 universal air filters to fit straight to the carburetors will i need to rebalance carbs/ change needle positioning to make it more rich? Aftermarket filters may give a small increase in power and becomes much cheaper than stock air filter replacement from suzuki.
              xtan
              Rest In Peace
              Last edited by xtan; 03-04-2011, 06:03 PM. Reason: added air filter question

Comment

I've just upgraded to FI, I have a set of pristine condition Carbtune vaccuum gauges, but as above I don't lend these - I'd sell them to you for $80.

Re balancing carbs is a usual servicing requirement and as mentioned above - done at just above idle.

Comment

Originally posted by HPM View Post
                  I've just upgraded to FI, I have a set of pristine condition Carbtune vaccuum gauges, but as above I don't lend these - I'd sell them to you for $80.

Re balancing carbs is a usual servicing requirement and as mentioned above - done at just above idle.
                  I'm still trying sort out if i need it, if i do i'll pm you.

Thanks for offer

Comment

We're selling La-Corsa stands for $90 each, front or rear, if you want one.

Comment

Originally posted by xtan View Post
                      There is no aftermarket air filter at ALL for the Suzuki GSX250F across, only stock replacement. My question is, if i remove airbox and get 2 universal air filters to fit straight to the carburetors will i need to rebalance carbs/ change needle positioning to make it more rich? Aftermarket filters may give a small increase in power and becomes much cheaper than stock air filter replacement from suzuki.
                      On these carbs the slides are pulled up by vacuum so removing the air box will change this, and it may take some playing around to get it jetted OK. Its not just the main jet that may need changing.

I would advise against changing the airbox while the bike has running issues, as you will will find it impossible to accurately re-jet while there are other problems.

Get it running good, and then modify later.
                      Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Working...
                      X