This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted A welder to do this

DIY: 06-07 GSXR Exhaust install for 08 Ninja 250 : KawiForums.com Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki motorcycle forums

Price negotiable. For someone experienced it shouldn't take more than 1 hour, i think. I can do the cutting the exhaust part.
    Insightt47
    Inactive Member
    Last edited by Insightt47; 01-04-2011, 04:30 PM.

The total project time was about 2 – 2 1/2 hours.

Comment

yeah but this was for a guy who was doing it the first time and was probably working out the best way to do it. All the instructions on how to do it correctly are posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Insightt47 View Post
        yeah but this was for a guy who was doing it the first time and was probably working out the best way to do it. All the instructions on how to do it correctly are posted.
        So why can't you do it?

Have you gone to an engineering company and had them quote it for you? (they're usually very experienced and may be able to do it in 45 minutes)

Comment

Im a welder who works from home doing custom stainless exhaust systems for modified street and drift cars . I wouldnt be doing it for $100 .

kermit

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, I can get my hands on a welder for $50 so i think i'll just do it myself. Iv'e always wanted to learn how to weld. Welding can't be that hard, and youtube is my friend.

Comment

Welding isnt hard.
              Being good at welding is.

My advice practice on some scrap first. you dont really want your can dropping of on roe highway.
              If its just standard steel you shouldnt have to much trouble. But it is very likely that it will not look pretty when you are finished. ( the weld itself i mean. )
              A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, I can get my hands on a welder for $50 so i think i'll just do it myself. Iv'e always wanted to learn how to weld. Welding can't be that hard, and youtube is my friend.
                Yeah, nothing to it, hence why people still attend apprenticeships to become welders..... GL and please post pics when done.
                User contains traces of nuts.

Comment

Bargain, where you getting it from?

Comment

That was welded with a Mig welder, a $50 welder will be a stick welder (arc). Be prepared to do plenty of practice, as arc welding thin pipe without blowing it apart is surprisingly difficult.
                    Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
                      Bargain, where you getting it from?
                      A friend, why do you have one for sale?

Comment

No, but i can find the materials and instructions to make it, I'll charge you about $150.

Comment

I might just contact the guy who welded my my whole chin up bar together and mounted it to the wall for $200. He shouldn't charge more than $100 for this and he comes to you.
                          Insightt47
                          Inactive Member
                          Last edited by Insightt47; 01-04-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Shervin did all his own work and never asked how, you're not cool like Shervin, you're not even trying.
                            Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Why the fuck would you want to do this? Why is this a better option than buying a cheap slipon?
                              What happens when you get pull.. You know what? Fuck it. In before the inevitable "I got a yellow sticker anyone got a full standard exhaust for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Skittle 250RRRRR?????"
                              Originally posted by Desmo
                              Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X