Wanted:- 1/2 decent DTI / Dial Test Indicator + magnetic base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Wanted:- 1/2 decent DTI / Dial Test Indicator + magnetic base

Long shot, but looking for a DTI with magnetic base. Dont want cheap eBay rubbish, but cant justify too much as its just for checking run-out on brake disks, crank journals etc...which is one off type of thing.

Anyone got one they dont want/need for ~$50?

Cheers

Commonly known as a dial gauge.

Comment

Worth checking: what $ do Fiora want for them? IIRC it wasn't much more than $50, maybe $100 including the gauge, block base and a couple of struts to hang between. Then you get a new one that hasn't had its needle bent...
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Cheers CS..I`ll look around a few of the tool suppliers/machinist places and see what the $$ values are. Trouble is a decent Mitutoyo setup is $250+.
        Knew I should have kept the one I had

Comment

one catalogue I just saw was 68 for base and gauge.
          There are two questions in life.
          1:Which way do I go
          2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

There are plenty of cheap dial indicators available (as cheap as $30 new), but the mag base will cost you - I dont think I've seen them advertised very often for under $100.

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

You will get a kingcrome one for with base for around a $100 now depending on what your using it for it should be find I personally don't recommend them as I feel that they are shiter then shit but in my trade accuracy is the key
              “Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
              Hunter S. Thompson

“Everyone looks good riding a motorcycle, although for some, it requires a full-face helmet.”

Comment

Working...
              X