Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted ZX6R 05 Race Glass, Rear Sets and ZX10 Calipers

Hi people,
    I had my ZX6R on the track Saturday and she went really well, so I'm chasing the associated track gear for her to keep her safe. Also so if I stuff up I don't leave shit on the track for others, so if you have other stuff, like Oggie knobs or Sliders PM me because I may be chasing also.
    Not set on rear set brand, or indeed race glass brand.
    The brakes as they are suck, I've put braided lines on her which helped, and have been told by a few people that ZX10 Calipers are the go. I heard Honda something too, can't remember though. Open to advice in regards to all of this, relatively new to track stuff.
    Thanks in advance
    Chaos-incarnate
    Last edited by Chaos-incarnate; 16-05-2011, 09:37 PM. Reason: got educated
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Heres a couple of links to some gear on ebay australia. Im not sure if they are off a 636 or a 10, you may have to email the guy. Send me a pm with your email address and I can send you a link to a cheap fairings and parts supplier I know of and will be using for my fairings.
    Scott

Kawasaki ZX 636 2005 - 06 ZX 10 Front brake calipers | eBay

Kawasaki ZX 636 ZX 10 REAR CALIPER AND BRAKE PADS | eBay

try these ones from the states

Edit: was going to list more but when searching ebay usa it came up with shit loads. Check them out.
    Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

What I have heard is to go to the next model Nissin Calipers if you want better braking. Pretty sure its the 07/08's that fit.

Comment

Originally posted by out_in_front View Post
        What I have heard is to go to the next model Nissin Calipers if you want better braking. Pretty sure its the 07/08's that fit.
        Can anyone confirm that? currently kitting mine out for the track, but uni makes this a slow process
        "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

re.brakes:

old cbr (04-07) calipers fit but you will need 5m spacers and they are basically the same

new cbr (08-11) monoblock calipers fit but you will need 5m spacers

r1 monoblock calipers (4pot version) fit but you will need you use the zx14 330mm rotors and r1 caliper bolts

dont bother upgrading rear brake you wont use it
          actually dont bother upgrading brakes until you have tried race pads and dot5 fluid in your system first.
          you mention they suck, in which way do they perform poorly? fade, bite, feel? assuming you can utilise your brakes depends how your forks compress it can make a huge difference.

re.raceglass: pending how often you use your bike at the track raceglass can be a waste of money, you have to remove a fair amount of road gears too to fit them and if you use the bike for road riding this can be a hassle putting your bike off the road for awhile before and after race.

re.rear sets i have no idea how low the OEM kwaka are so i cant comment on these.
          Last edited by submit; 16-05-2011, 12:04 PM.

Comment

My Tokico's have a real problem with the seals sticking to the pistons - effectively creating much more lever travel than normal - however hit the track and one or two big brakes later they sort themselves out - and are really firm and have great feel. However back on the street about 3-4 rides later they are back to their old selves....

So I am cleaning the pistons when I get my new pads in (getting ordered as soon as I hear back from SBK toy store) And will see if that sorts them out - I will be getting the EBC HH sintered pads. Not sure if the reason everyone else wants to upgrade them is the same?? would be interesting to hear any other reasons.

Comment

Got EBC's in mine had the same experience on the road maybe not as dramatic as what you have mentioned. Front has noticeable bite to it now and the rear actually works (slightly). I upgraded because the ones I had before were made of cheese and the rear was laughable. Only been on the track (ARD) post EBC pads so cant comment on the difference there.
              "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

Cheers Thunderbird, will have a look. Thought I would ask PSB if anyone had stuff they wanted to sell first, and get some advice. Rather buy from someone I at least know of if I can.
                Submit, my brakes are very shuddery, to the point I'm scared to push them too hard because I can't tell what they're gonna do. I don't trust them not to suddenly bite. I was almost wondering if my disc is warped, but I don't know enough to be sure. Or perhaps they're not bedded in properly? What do race pads do? I've put Dot 4 in her, unsure what difference? At work so restricted to iphone for google!
                Braided lines took the spongyness out of brakes giving me a cleaner feel but still I stayed in fourth all day on track, and barely any brake because of it the shuddering. Wasn't so bad because I'm not that good yet but it's getting to be a bit more of a serious problem.
                This isn't my road bike so I will keep it in track trim, I went and watched a friend dress her bike in so I know what's involved. Price is certainly a factor in buying second hand.
                My knees need to come up a fair bit, basically sitting on fairing bits around tank and it feels a bit weird in leathers. I can't quite get to where I want to be.
                Out_In_front, sounds like a different problem to you.

Comment

shruddering brakes could come from warped rotors, air in the brake system, uneven wear in the pads, loose pinch bolts, etc. talk to gav or derek ball they'll check it out for you.

race pads will give you better bite and wont be subjected to fade as much under temperature. DOT5 fluid has a higher boiling temperature and will be a necessity when you start racing.

Comment

Spoke to Derek Ball, he explained different types of brake pads, calipers and discs to me and what would suit me at this stage. Yay for after hours businesses! Impossible at work to call.
                    From my description he tells me my front discs are almost certainly warped, so I will put new discs (Galfer) and sintered brake pads on her. Race pads are not for me at this stage lol- maybe when Im a whole heap better!
                    Thanks for the advice and feedback people, there was a lot of different info floating around and I had no idea what was what.

Still chasing the race fairings and rear sets BTW- to clarify (I received a couple of PMs), I am looking for second hand. I know people have gear tucked away that they never/ hardly used, and am hoping for something along those lines.

Comment

how much are you willing to pay, I know you want second hand but the ones Im looking at for your bike are US$300 delivered to your door. Slightly more if you want carbon fibre edging screen seat etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird View Post
                        how much are you willing to pay, I know you want second hand but the ones Im looking at for your bike are US$300 delivered to your door. Slightly more if you want carbon fibre edging screen seat etc.
                        Link?

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID View Post
                          Link?
                          What, and give up all my secrets. Here is a link to their webpage, the page itself is a bit average. I have been dealing with them via email and they have sent me a parts catalog which is a bit easier to go through.

T&M RACING

Comment

Thank you kind sir. You weren't kidding about the crappy web design

Comment

no offence but my god those race glass look like shit

i've seen stuff made for commonwhore and falcoon and gay lancers looking better than that

Comment

Working...
                              X