530 Chain Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted 530 Chain Links

I know you all have some hanging on a nail in your shed, keeping them for "just in case"

The time has come. I have found a use for them. I'll take what you have, I won't charge you for pickup or disposal.

Please contribute to GM's Pension Fund.

Why does everyone think I am up to something dodgy?

Scenario:

2 days prior to, "Sorry, I didn't see you" I replaced the sprockets and chain on my 07.
    Having a brilliant thought as I now need new sprockets and chain on my 12 and the sprockets are interchangeable I would put the 07 gear on the 12.
    One small problem. 07 has 108 links and the 12 112 links.

I didn't keep the other links I cut off the original. I just want 4 links! HELP!
    Last edited by GreenMeanie; 12-10-2013, 10:23 PM.

Originally posted by GreenMeanie View Post
    I just want 4 links! HELP!
    These VVVVVVVVVV 4 links any use?

Chain length sizing

Correct chain length on your bike

Bike chain length calculator

Chain length basics
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Looked at one to confirm I needed another 4 links.

Just send me your links you cut off your new chain you didn't need and we will call it even!

Comment

I was going to do the same thing and everyone strongly advised against it... I don't see how master links are weaker than any other part of the chain but <shrugs>

Comment

If I had a choice I wouldn't bother either!

Comment

you could get smaller sprockets

Comment

The bike already does 170kph in 1st gear. I don't think I need it to go any quicker.

Comment

The bike already does 170kph in 1st gear. I don't think I need it to go any quicker.
                I have a 530 chain in the shed doing nothing, and probably have about 8-10 links in jars..
                It's a gold DID
                Would this help?
                I'm away till the 12th November though......

Comment

Originally posted by AAAH_1 View Post
                  I have a 530 chain in the shed doing nothing, and probably have about 8-10 links in jars..
                  It's a gold DID
                  Would this help?
                  I'm away till the 12th November though......
                  Thanks. You've made the best offer yet! I'll take 'em. I'll wait patiently for your return.
                  Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks. You've made the best offer yet! I'll take 'em. I'll wait patiently for your return.
                    Thanks again.
                    Not all 530 chains are the same. different brands can have different pin diameters, one may have thicker side plates or o rings making the pins longer etc etc. only the internal width of the links and centre distance of the pins are the same. Get links that are the same make and model as the chain you have. It would be nice if they were all the same, then one wouldnt have to run all over perth trying to find a joining link for a D.I.D and then off to another shop for one for an EK, then another shop for RK.....

Comment

Hey Green meanie, I have 6 unused links of gold DID 530 from the new chain and sprockets I just fitted to my blackbird, PM me if you want them.
                      Honda Blackbird, The gentleman's weapon of choice
                      Barbeque sauce is the devils bum gravy

Comment

Done

Comment

Once I have gathered everyone's links I will assemble them and sell it on eBay as a Special Limited Edition Multi Coloured Anniversay, never been used, still in the box

Comment

Once I have gathered everyone's links I will assemble them and sell it on eBay as a Special Limited Edition Multi Coloured Anniversay, never been used, still in the box
                            Olympic motorycle chain?? You could be on to a winner there..

Comment

With 60 joining links you don't have to waste time spinning the rear wheel. There is always one handy!

Comment

Working...
                              X