X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale Or Swap: VJ22 OEM fairing set

For Sale or swap

RGV250 VJ22 OEM fairings

Full set of OEM fairings as shown below.

No lights or brackets included, just the fairings and the screen.

As far as I know all lugs are intact except for one on each rear side cover, I've seen a few sets of fairings with these broken off so I would say it's a common weak point. There is another lug near by so the side covers still affix firmly to the bike. It's not the one that connects to the tank but the one next to it that connects to the subframe.

Condition is average, no current or repaired crash damage but not mint either.

$450 OR preferably swap for a complete set of white VJ22 OEM fairings in same or better condition (with cash). I am turning my modified VJ22 into a lucky strike replica so I want white plastic.

I also have the petrol tank for this fairing set if interested.

Located in Ellenbrook

PM for contact details.

lee
    what year are these off please

Comment

1992 n model

Suzuki RGV250 Gamma brochures

Comment

sent you a pm mate

Comment

Bump

Comment

Thanks for the link to china spec fairings.

I'll be sure to take it on board when considering the price I put on my OEM suzuki fairings.

Comment

They still available lee? how much for the tank as well? is the lid easy to swap?

edit:
              Also, i gather they will fit my mongrel spec M?
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

They won't fit an m model subframe.

The lock would have to popped to remove the cap. I think they are held in with a couple of nuts.

I am pretty sure these are the fairings that go to your bike. They are certainly off the parts bike that was used to get your one back on the road.

Remember that 21 tank you sold cheap to me a few years ago? You bet I'd repay the favour if you want the set.

Comment

Or Swap: VJ22 OEM fairing set

Originally posted by rgvlee View Post
                  They won't fit an m model subframe.

The lock would have to popped to remove the cap. I think they are held in with a couple of nuts.

I am pretty sure these are the fairings that go to your bike. They are certainly off the parts bike that was used to get your one back on the road.

Remember that 21 tank you sold cheap to me a few years ago? You bet I'd repay the favour if you want the set.
                  Hmm. My bike is a 91 allegedly. Any way to tell rear subframes apart? I have 2 of them...

Is the tank un lockable at the moment (you have the key or not)?
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

You have OEM plastic on now, if you have 3 vents it's m, 2 vents n+

The subframe is different but I don't know off the top of my head the exact differences.

I do not have a key, but I have a big hammer, flat head screwdrivers and rharris on speed dial.

You know, you may actually have the key for the tank.

Comment

The subframe is different but I don't know off the top of my head the exact differences.

I do not have a key, but I have a big hammer, flat head screwdrivers and rharris on speed dial.

Rear mounting lugs are positioned in different locations for the plastics
                      do you think i lack self discipline

Comment

Lol

It may actually be the ignition barrel key I am using :-P

If I can make it all fit I'm keen on the lot...

Comment

Just checked, I have 2 vents :-)

Comment

[MENTION=7104]Desmo[/MENTION] might know, remember the parts rgv that we bought? What did you do with the key for that bike? Did you end up using that keyset?

Comment

I got 2 keys with the bike from memory, one for the tank, and one for the bike ignition/seat (this is how i'm currently running) - i did have another tank (maybe still do) that is blue that i don't think I have a key for, with a dent in it.

I have 3 sets of fairings at the moment, a busted blue-painted set with a blue/white street tail and a race tail, a full set of black fibreglass race fairings, and the bodgy set on the bike at the moment (grey).

Both street sets have 2 vents so I'm pretty sure it should fit...

Keen on the lot, i would like to have a bike that is all the same colour Would also be cool to have the bits of the bike reunited

(and yeah, it's Desmo's old bike. mostly.)

edit:
                              Also, one of my street tail sections is white with blue stickers. surplus to requirements, can swap/give that to you if wanted, it doesn't match any of my colours anyway Looks to be in pretty good nick last I looked at it from memory, it wasn't on the bike when Desmo barbagallo'd it.

Comment

Working...
                              X