mitsuba FR-3314 (38301-KK9-952) Flasher unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted mitsuba FR-3314 (38301-KK9-952) Flasher unit

Dos anyone have one of these indicator relays laying round in a parts bin or something? Mine is from a '92 VFR400 NC30, but fits a multitude of Hondas of that vintage, through o bikes up to 2006. The OEM number: 38301-KK9-952, which also shows as FR-3303, so must do the same job?
    I will go check out a couple of wreckers or Honda tomorrow but thought I would put it out here first.

Cheers

Is it special? A lot of flasher units are interchangeable and a generic one may be fine.
    Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

I am not sure if it special but do know it was used on a lot of Honda between the late 80's and 2007. It just worries me that I go to Honda, pay $40+++ for one that looks the same, but there is some reason why this particular one is used.

Comment

Originally posted by al.ramsay View Post
        I am not sure if it special but do know it was used on a lot of Honda between the late 80's and 2007. It just worries me that I go to Honda, pay $40+++ for one that looks the same, but there is some reason why this particular one is used.
        Is it the one with the small plug and 3 inline pins like this?
        ( ||| )
        In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Hey Crobbo,
          Yes. looks like this...

Comment

If it has that pin arrangement and is the right wattage (eg no LEDs) then it should work. I have an electronic one in that arrangement that I ordered from china, strangely enough it works on a 2 plug, it only cost 5bucks if you don't mind waiting a few weeks.

Comment

I am hoping to find one locally as my NC30 is almost all finished, except relicensing, which will come once the indicators work again. I also just found a crowd in the US that do a setup for about $20 that doesn't care if they are LED's or standard bulbs or a mix of both, so depending on what I find tomorrow, I might just order from here

Comment

[MENTION=35289]al.ramsay[/MENTION]

I have a spare you can borrow if you're desperate.

It's not that exact model but should work.

Comment

Cheers Crobbo,
                  I went and got the FR3303 to try yesterday and the indicators all operated as if they were LED's (they are all standard, factory globes) so picking that relay has not enough resistance?? Anyway, went to 2 Wheels in Ozzy Park and got the right one today. Even if they don't work correctly, as least I am heading in the right direction. Will try again tonight and if that is still dodgy, I will start replacing globes, but think they are all as per standard anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by al.ramsay View Post
                    Cheers Crobbo,
                    I went and got the FR3303 to try yesterday and the indicators all operated as if they were LED's (they are all standard, factory globes) so picking that relay has not enough resistance?? Anyway, went to 2 Wheels in Ozzy Park and got the right one today. Even if they don't work correctly, as least I am heading in the right direction. Will try again tonight and if that is still dodgy, I will start replacing globes, but think they are all as per standard anyway.
                    Cleaned out the contractors in the switch lately?

Maybe track down one of the LED versions apparently the 2 pins work fine they're just missing a ground which isn't needed from what I've read.

Comment

Working...
                    X