Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile(or otherwise?) mechanic to pull out dead starter and fit new one (Mazda bt-50)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Mobile(or otherwise?) mechanic to pull out dead starter and fit new one (Mazda bt-50)

I've sourced a new starter from a wreckers but am not mechanically minded enough to fit it myself (its tight in there!) so I need someone to come out and do it for me, or if anyone knows a good mechanic I can take the car to NOR who'd take this kind of job?

Any suggestions welcome cheers

Edit - old man on holidays
    Last edited by time_attack; 15-01-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

this was the first ever mechanical job I did on an old mazda 626. on the 626 it was a matter of undoing 2 or 3 bolts pulling out the old startor and putting the new one in the same way and hoot it all back up. took about an hr. and the part cost $120 , I had a mobile mechanic come out to test the broken starter before I got the replacement and I got quoted $470 to have it fitted. you should spend 30 mins on youtube and search how to replace them and see if its something your willing to do as its really not that hard and saves u money

Comment

It's a similar job on the bt-50 Frogger but it's a cramped engine bay and I can't get anywhere near enough leverage on my socket wrench to undo the bolts.

Comment

can you fit a spanner in there then use a bigger ring spanner as extra length to give you more oomph
          the name is Trevor like me to spell it for you

Originally posted by CitizenD
          Nobody is getting anywhere near my 'donut'. Not while my heart still beats.

Comment

Not quite sure what you mean :S maybe?!

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
              Not quite sure what you mean :S maybe?!
              Get a spanner on the bolt, then with another ring spanner hook that into the first spanner for extra leverage.
              In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Like this.
                In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Make sure you disconnect your battery before starting on the starter motor or else you'll run the risk of shorting to the body with the spanners & make sure you tighten the mounting bolts when finished - if they come loose you will end up destroying the mounting threads & it will cost you more $$$$.

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

First thing is disconect the battery

EDIT= beeten ^_^
                    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                    (anarchy in english )

Comment

If your still struggling next Friday I can come and do it for you buddy, I fly home Thursday arvo next week

Comment

Thanks guys, neat trick! I'll give it a go. Thanks for the offer Noelius, hopefully I won't need to take you up on it

Comment

Working...
                        X