Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *IDEA* Speed Camera Thread for RSS

Hey,

I keep seeing all these speed camera threads popping up. Can we possibly make a dedicated thread for the speed camera sightings so we may subscribe to the RSS feed on our phones etc and be alerted on the move without receiving all the other junk with it.

Would be easier to check my phone/the forum before going out for a ride or something of that sort.

Perhaps make a mini-site with a database eventually heatmaps etc? I think I might mock something up for the lulz.

just an idea

^^Sounds good

Comment

och aye, sounds good! +1
      Home is where the Art is.

Comment

Just don't speed, save yourself some trouble

Comment

*sigh*

Good idea OP.

Comment

I have always been curious, so for the non tech savy what is rss and how does it work
            Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Comment

http://www.whatisrss.com/

google has a RSS feed reader called... Reader. You can use it with igoogle etc...

You receive simple email like message.

@Stoneville, Saves people who don't speed from having to see all those front facing threads etc.

Comment

Problem with this idea is that often reading the thread isn't the useful part. Just the title is typically enough if the OP has been diligent enough to do it "properly".

In the event that you consolidate it into one thread it becomes a forced check (less likely to occur) as the title no longer conveys particular detail. As it is now that detail is passed on through just a pressing of "New Posts".
                Originally posted by Ferris
                I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                  Just don't speed, save yourself some trouble
                  I try to tell him that ALL the time '

Nonetheless, good idea

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
                    Problem with this idea is that often reading the thread isn't the useful part. Just the title is typically enough if the OP has been diligent enough to do it "properly".

In the event that you consolidate it into one thread it becomes a forced check (less likely to occur) rather than it popping up through just a typical pressing of "New Posts".
                    Doesn't necessarily need to be a thread. Can be a web-page with auto fill and suggestion functions from Google maps api. I think it could be narrowed down to a simple, easy task and even make a mobile version ;].

Maybe even with peoples post codes stored and list them in order of distance from postcode..

Comment

Trapster iPhone app. It's ok but the locations are only accurate to within a couple of hundred meters because you would have to stop to enter the accurate location of a camera
                      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

+1 for trapster. Brilliant app and it's free
                        The propeller is just a big fan in the front of the plane to keep the pilot cool. Want proof? Make it stop; then watch the pilot break out into a sweat

Comment

Working...
                        X