Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Pictures

Morning folks,

I'm trying to insert a picture into a post (linked from dropbox) and instead of the picture appearing I just get a generic little icon appearing instead.......no doubt I'm doing something blindingly obvious wrong, can anyone shed some light?

Cheers.

try photobucket or imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Blazon View Post
      try photobucket or imgur
      Thanks Blazon, not sure why but Photobucket worked fine.

Comment

I think the issue is that DB is a file storage system, rather than an image hosting system. I would imagine that you would be able to put a link to the picture in the post so that people could open the file (provided it is marked as shareable in D. Otherwise if you really want to display the picture within the post I think you will need to host in on an image sharing site. NB I could be wrong about this :mellow:
        Adventure before Dementia

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
          I think the issue is that DB is a file storage system, rather than an image hosting system. I would imagine that you would be able to put a link to the picture in the post so that people could open the file (provided it is marked as shareable in D. Otherwise if you really want to display the picture within the post I think you will need to host in on an image sharing site. NB I could be wrong about this :mellow:
          I think you're right Morgs, links to the file worked fine but getting it to display in the post required photobucket. (and I know I'm often too lazy to click on links so figured others would be too)

Comment

Working...
          X