Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post from an old 'ucker

Hello guys and girls,
    I guess i have to admit when i first rode a bike nobody had heard of Honda or yams or any of the jap bikes. yes another old 'ucker
    I recall hearing my first Honda coming dowing the mountain on the Isle of man and the hairs on my body still stand up just thinking about it. The beautiful 4 pot scream, so much more busy that the Manx Norton's wonderful thumping.
    Jeez bike riding is fun...............nearest thing to flying.
    I have in recent years restored numerous XJ's (Yamaha's) around the 1980's era. Most of you seem to ride beautiful new bikes, but if i can help with the older machine's feel free to holla
    Anyway good people stay alert , and please don't show off to your pillion pasengers, don't you hate riding pillion, if i'm going to fall off i want to do it myself.

Nothing wrong with old things mate, I have 2 of them sat at home taking up most of my time

Comment

Loved my old XJ750, and then the FJ1200s that came after it.

Welcome aboard mate.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by howard View Post
        don't you hate riding pillion, if i'm going to fall off i want to do it myself.

Welcome howard see you out there

Comment

Hello, welcome!

Comment

Hello and Welcome aboard

Comment

hello, and welcome to the help desk
              Originally posted by kyliejane
              benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
              Originally posted by harns
              Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Hi Howard....welcome from another oldie.
                Originally posted by Viper
                I'm probably fucking something up.
                FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                Administrator

Comment

Yay, another old fart! Welcome Howard
                  www.redbackgraphics.com.au www.crazybitchracing.com www.speedeventseries.com www.letmecheckmygafmeter.com

Comment

Oh joy someone else older than me

welcome welcome
                    Real Men Ride Nakid
                    http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

And welcome from another oldie that did start with a Honda (CB92) back in the early 60's

Comment

G'day mate, welcome aboard

Hope to see you out on a ride soon.
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Hi Howard...great to have you here. Im sure your knowledge witht he oldies (bikes) will come in handy for a few of us. Much knowledge with '82 Katanas by chance???
                          Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                          hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Working...
                          X