600cc naked or 600cc supersport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600cc naked or 600cc supersport

Ok, I have been riding my FZR250 for a few months now and it's becoming pretty dull. It hasn't got that much power anywhere in the rev range, it doesn't feel all that stable during aggressive lean angles, and the riding position is pretty neutral. I have also ridden YZ250s in the past, so half decent power isn't a problem for me.

I've decided I want to upgrade to a 600cc bike, but I'm undecided on which kind to get. Money plays a fair part in my decision which is why I only want to choose between these five bikes: Honda CB600F, Yamaha FZ6N, Honda CBR600RR, Kawasaki ZX-6R, and Suzuki GSXR 600.

I'm fairly tall, around the 6 foot mark, so being able to get both feet on the ground with any of the above bikes is not a problem. My main problem is this, supersports are very twitchy if you have just made the jump from a 250, they also have a fairly aggressive riding position, and have more power compared to the nakeds and especially the 250. On the other hand, the nakeds have a more relaxed riding position, less power, and obviously no fairings so if I drop it, no expensive fairings will be damaged.

Now I'm stuck because I don't want to buy a naked and then get bored of the power and have to sell it and upgrade to a supersport. But if I buy a superspot straight up, there's the chance the bike may be a bit out of my league, even though I know my own limits.

So in the end, I'm just wondering what your opinions are. Thanks
    Honda CB600F
    4.42%
    Yamaha FZ6N
    22.12%
    Honda CBR600RR
    30.97%
    Kawasaki ZX-6R
    19.47%
    Suzuki GSXR 600
    23.01%
    Originally posted by RallyFan
    Also, its YZF, not YFZ as you kept referring.
    Originally posted by panpan
    Thx for correction~I will remember the YFZ

Buy lee's GSXR1000.

Real men ride litre bikes.
    Originally posted by Ferris
    I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

I traded my CBF250 (the slowest new 250 in the world) for an '09 CBR600RR after about 6 months of having my license.

Honestly, the power isn't unmanageable. It's a lot of fun, actually, but the cost of fairings will be an issue if you drop it.

Last time I looked, there seemed to be quite a few 600-1000 bikes in the f/s section for around the 5k mark.
      '====
      //`
      -Magilla
      They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
      Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Haha lefty, I think I'm fine with having that much power in my car thanks,

Magilla, that's exactly the opinion I'm after, someone who has made a similar jump before. I'm after a fairly new bike, perhaps brand new if I can find one in a low enough price range. I havn't dropped a bike yet, probably becase I'm so tall, I'm more worried about laying one down at speed. What was the difference the throttle response of the two bikes and the handling? Did you have to be a lot more careful with how much you twisted the throttle?

Comment

Re: 600cc naked or 600cc supersport

Street triple.
          Originally posted by polonY
          Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore View Post
            Street triple.
            Yeah I thought about it, my mate just picked his up, petty nice looking bike. Only problem is I can't justify spending 12-13k on it, when it's only a naked, has average brakes, and really the only outstanding part is the engine, which still isn't that much greater than say the CB600F. And on top of this, for around that price I could get a brand new supersport..

Comment

Ride all, buy whichever floats your boat the most.
              Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Mate i jumped to the thou and its not as intense as everyone makes it out. Sure u have to be smart with your throttle hand but if your smooth the bike rides so easily and you hardley need to worry with gears. When your in the mood snap the wrist n hold on
                :aus-salute: Yer thats ULTIMATE :aus-salute:

Originally Posted by lobes89 View Post
                Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

Originally posted by jashdown View Post
                  Magilla, that's exactly the opinion I'm after, someone who has made a similar jump before. I'm after a fairly new bike, perhaps brand new if I can find one in a low enough price range. I havn't dropped a bike yet, probably becase I'm so tall, I'm more worried about laying one down at speed. What was the difference the throttle response of the two bikes and the handling? Did you have to be a lot more careful with how much you twisted the throttle?
                  The difference in power and handling is simply astounding. The CBF250 is basically a fat postie bike, with a proper manual gearbox and less cool factor, so changing to a sports body position and handling took a little getting used to. The change in throttle response was immense, but I found that as long as I kept it below 6-7k to start with, it was nothing that I couldn't handle.

I went for my first highway run a couple of weeks back (175km round trip), and I found that things become extremely fun as you pass the 12k mark

This said, I'm a big guy. My bike tows around more weight than most sports bikes do 1up.
                  '====
                  //`
                  -Magilla
                  They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                  Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Nakeds are mainly cool because of their mono pulling super powers... 600 nakeds dont have that, so go for a super sport...
                    sigpic
                    http://www.caschibye.it/page/curiosita.htm

Comment

dude they only go as fast as you let them, ride it and you'll be surprised, I jumped from an RS125 to a cbr600. It's just like jumping in a different car and driving
                      Originally posted by Rocket
                      Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

Comment

I doubt you're going to find a modern 600 naked short of power for a while, despite your YZ250 experience. It's more likely going to come down to ride position and how much you like to change gears.
                        Insert witty comment here

Comment

what about a sports tourer like the semi faired version of the FZ6 (FZ6S)? I used to own one and seeing Dark Shadow ride his on country runs they are definitely no slouch but are fairly easy to manage for your first big bike.
                          Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

how is power going to make a difference, unless your rossi/stoners illegitimate love child, and inherited all their skills, its very unlikely that your going to ride the bike it its limits. Go with whats comfortable

Comment

CB600F

Comment

Working...
                              X