How in trouble am I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in trouble am I?

So I'm finally getting excited at the thought of having just brought my first 2 wheeler. Yesterday, I purchased an imported scooter (125cc MCI Invader) and decided to go out and have a test run - I had only gotten a R-E learners permit that day, bun booow.

I know it's stupid, I know it's completely irresponsible. And trust me, I've learnt my lesson (puts on flame suit anyway).

My girlfriend wanted a ride from the shop after buying a present for my mum's birthday and I was picking her up just as cops drove pass. She didn't have a helmet so I left her there but the cops followed me and pulled me up. Long story short I got busted for having no valid motorbike license.

I was wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and if so, what do I have to expect? The cop said I will get a summons in the mail in the next 5 weeks. I have a C-A probationary license which they have kindly informed me I will lose along with a fine.

Bugger, sounds like it's going to be an expensive lesson to learn.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Yay! That's the last thing I wanted to hear.. sucks. Growing up I never really had much in the way of "good" things, so it was very exciting to have a near new anything. Was kinda ironic too, my girlfriend was the one excited for me getting it.

This happened just as I started seeing some exciting fun to be had (I have always planned to be responsible on it - I just wanted to try it once)

Comment

loss of licence, for 6 months then you have to redo your hours of your logbook, and resit your practical
        Master of the missed signals

Comment

terms of dollars 28 day impound fee must be near 1k or higher
          fine 1k
          court costs $60

the fact you have now being reduced to no licence, career, family friends, your just another person without their licence (soon to be)
          Master of the missed signals

Comment

Luck of the draw mate, wasn't smart, but hope the penalty isn't too harsh. We live and learn.
            I'm sure you weren't out to kill civilians on it.
            Originally posted by Abuse this
            Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

So long story short. No driving for 12 months and pay lots of money.

Comment

lesson learnt at least.

tough way to do it though. just look forward to all your other riding experiences being so much better than this.

Comment

On a scale from one to ten, you're fucked. Kenty is pretty much on the money with what you'll be expecting although I'm sure there's a fine component attached. I'll look it up and if I find it, will post (keep in mind it's Sat night 11pm )

EDIT: Kenty's post.

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

Just grab the KY and lube up the best you can, spread em and get ready for the pineapple!!!

But seriously what were you thinking, taking your excited GF on the back with no helmet????? Dude

Comment

@kenty they didn't impound it. So luckily no fee there. Thanks for the support with no friends/family.. WTF?
                      @mekon me too. I know it wasn't smart. Stupid thing was, the cop said if it wasn't for me wanting to take my gf, they wouldn't have noticed me.

Comment

Well anyways, welcome to PSB and use the time to save for a bike!
                        Originally posted by Abuse this
                        Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

There has been a few people recently done for this sort of thing, it seems since the no rego sticker rules they run every number plate and check it. If the rego check shows you are on L's, you better not be by yourself. Also if they saw you about to pick up someone without their helmet, at that point you were always going to be pulled up...

Tough call, pity they didn't give you a warning or downgrade to no shadow etc.....
                          Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pineapple.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	4872765
                            Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Guilt your GF to the max for getting you on the bike and her not wearing a helmet

Comment

Working...
                              X