(video) Riding around Mindarie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (video) Riding around Mindarie

Nothing too special more of a bench test to see what kind of battery and memory life i got running everything on max res ^_^

Cant wait to film something abit more exicting

For those that are interested my setup is:

2x Go Pro Cameras
    16 and 4gb sd cards
    Fully water proof cases
    Suction mount with moving arms for good angles (mount is tested to 400km's appearntly, but i dont trust it without a tether)
    Camera on helm is removable via a fixed gide rail.

Net weight helm cam/mount/cover = 200grams, max res 1920 x 1080 (30fps) [1080p]
    Recording time 2.5 hours on 16gb card (battery also 2.5hours so no point getting bigger card)
    Last edited by Flaymar; 25-06-2010, 04:19 PM.

Interesting you can see the overloaded pixel when the rear camera was recording the sun during the early parts of the footage.....
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

the black spot?? ya it seems to appear on all footage where sun is directly captured.

Comment

wondering here where ya get the camera and how much it is.Otherwise great footage,,clear as a day and sound was Ok too.

Comment

GoPro HD Motorsports Hero - Adventure Cams

they have quite a few other options also if u want something abit more sytlish or more stealth.

Comment

i have my mates one here on loan for as long as i want, despite reading lots of testimonials and gurantees from ppl i am still a lil hesitant about stickin it to the side of my helmet with double sided tape...
            B19 Oakford V.B.F.S

Comment

Great camera! nice and clear!
              I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

Awesome can't wait to get mine in the mail from the GB!

Comment

very clear, so how did your battery last?

Comment

Originally posted by uglykent View Post
                    (battery also 2.5hours so no point getting bigger card)

Comment

I can see the back of your house from mine.....
                      Originally posted by Viper
                      I'm probably fucking something up.
                      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                      Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by MrMike View Post
                        i have my mates one here on loan for as long as i want, despite reading lots of testimonials and gurantees from ppl i am still a lil hesitant about stickin it to the side of my helmet with double sided tape...
                        I was in the same kind of boat Mike lol, the rails that hold the cam/cover uses 3M adheasive on a pad. I tested the rail/adheasive, i stuck one on a 20kg dumbell and then hug it up in my garage for 2 days. Still held firm - i have no idea how to get the rail off my dumbell now lol.

So long as you let the adheasive bond overnite with weight on it, i think it will be fine. Consider, the camera is soo light, only 200grams, with the cross wind that is it exposed to when at speed, surely the force cant be to great on something so small and light....

However the suction cup mount is another story, i have that on a teather incase it lets go, maybe do the same with the adheasive rail if ure worried. Thread some fishing line through a vent on ure helm, or around ure chin strap, to the base of the camera housing, then if the rail fails u wront loose the camera off ure helm to the road. Also apparently its meant to survive that kind of impact .... finding it may be more of a concern

Also the only down sides i can find to this camera setup is:

The waterproof enclosure causes the camera to fog, only happeend to me twice - when the temp is in the low single digits, and the sun is out causing quite a high temp difference - u can buy anti fog pads -- or u can use the non water rpoof housing to combat this.
                        The camera is not as stylish as other products - tends to stand out abit more.

Comment

Originally posted by runa View Post
                          very clear, so how did your battery last?
                          I ran out of memory b4 my battery died. Seems 16gb will get you 2 and 3/4 hours recording time with full 1080p at 30fps. The battery was still going, so i guess maybe it could of went abit longer. Of course if you plan to put in a 32gb card, that would drain the battery quicker i would imagine. From what i could see from my google-search, the bigger the SD cards, the more charge they require to spin.

Comment

to spin?
                            Living in the powerband!

Comment

i dunno the termanology, basically bigger the card more power they take...

If somone is more IT savvy, maybe they can explain better or shoot my logic down in a torrent of flames

Comment

Working...
                              X