Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting back on the horse...

So the story goes…
    I have two kids, live an active lifestyle, wife and mortgage pet dog etc etc.
    Had an incident with an ignorant driver which nearly saw me come a-cropper and later fitting a bill (or being sued) for altering the cars appearance with custom dangling side mirrors (I don’t condone this).
    So kneejerk reaction and much discussion with wife and family and due to higher priorities I said I would never ride again.
    Sold my bike. Still kept my gear.
    After much thought and feeling a void I still felt the need to ride. But decided I wouldn’t commute every day – as they are statistically the worst times to ride.
    My sister who works as a physio in rehabilitation ( a lot motorcycle accidents) told me some ridiculous statistic that by commuting in peak hour traffic the chance of an accident is increased by 90% - can’t remember source of data.
    Selling all bikes, trying to renovate and finish house so family can enjoy, not a lot of cash flow.
    Hence the reason you may notice im trying to sell heaps of my stuff I have laying around.

PLUG
    All prices open to offer:
    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...an-out-124787/

So with a weekly budget of $50 for my personal spending, it will take me forever to save for a decent big bike.
    Looking for something to have a bit of fun on, to and from footy, occasional weekend coffee runs etc, a mate enlightened that a stroker would be a good ‘cheap thrills’ option.
    So with limited budget, ive seen RS125’s go for 1.5k on ebay, NSR150’s go consistently for 2k. anything bigger than a scooter sized stroker would take a while to save for a half decent example. And mind warping speed is not the main goal here. Cheap thrills and fun.
    So my main thought is NSR150,
    Ive never pulled a bike down, so would be a good start, and with current budget @ $550, im ¼ way there.
    So…
    Watch this space.
    Plan of attack is to set up garage as a garage/workshop with tig welder, buffs, drill press, work benches etc.
    Buy bike, then roll on overhaul.
    Yes, its not a going to be a high-tech-fandangled project, but it will be fun… which is why we ride, right?
    Originally posted by Captain Starfish
    use me like the slut I am, yeah come on and make me your f^cked up broke crack hore that doesn't ride anymore
    :starwars:

Originally posted by hewholaughslast View Post
    So kneejerk reaction and much discussion with wife and family and due to higher priorities I said I would never ride again.
    Sold my bike.
    There's your problem.

but seriously, considering that you made that decision based on discussions with your wife and family, are they supporting your change of heart now?
    Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
    Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

Agreed 100% - should have kept the bike.

Family not particularly 100% on board.
      But agreeance on not commuting is a common ground.

Not saying commuting is the problem, just reduces the risks, and i still get a project to play with.
      use me like the slut I am, yeah come on and make me your f^cked up broke crack hore that doesn't ride anymore

Comment

buy an older sportsbike IMO - plenty around and they are pretty cheap, will have more power than the RS125 and the NSR - they will also be more reliable, fuel efficient etc. If you are still on your 250 license, then they might be a better option than a CBR250 / ZXR etc if you are only occasionally using it.

Also talk to your wife about your feelings on the subject,make sure it doesn't cause any misunderstandings etc. - my wife understands that I will always have two wheeled objects to ride and It will always be part of me - started riding motorbikes at 5/6yrs old, they have been in my life longer than she has!

I Look forward to seeing a build thread!

Comment

cheers bud, have spoken with wife and will recement my thoughts feelings, good advice.
          abosultely agree with the fourstroke option, but ive never had a stroker before, and could pick up a half decent NSR at a good price.

Comment

If you’re undecided about riding again then definitely look out for that RS125 for $1,500 in WA. Should give you a nice loooong while to keep considering the issue. There’s an older one on Gumtree right now for $2,500 – buy that if you’re looking for about the cheapest running and licenced bike of this type.

Otherwise go the NSR, they're generally cheaper and are less highly strung than the RS so a bit more friendly (i.e. less maintenance) to own in the long run. I know which one I chose though
            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Working...
            X