Need Help With Pit Inspection Pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With Pit Inspection Pls

Hi guys, i recently brought a unregistered Honda CBR 600RR 2004 model. there was a bit of damage, like cracked fairings but nothing to the engine or frame.

i've manage to fix it up but i was wondering if any of you guys could help me spot anything on that bike that wouldn't pass the pit inspection.

thanks =]

if these photos aren't enough please let me know.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

How loud is the pipe? Pillion pegs with the seat cowl, maybe rear indicators if they are not the right spacing or big enough!

Comment

how do i test how loud the pipe is? and what is the legal db? i've got the pillion pegs just gotta put them on and ill change the rear cowl to a proper seat, the indicators are stock i think, well it came with the bike when i brought it.
      sigpic

Comment

They normally have an orange lens and are the same size as the front if so then should be fine!

Comment

And is the pipe loud or quiet if its quiet enough it should pass!

Comment

May need lighting ready for new plate, and rear reflector.

Comment

is the swing arm straight? Or did you have the bike sitting on the piss or something.

Comment

Could stick steel wool down your exhaust to pass, needs to be about the same as stock
                "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

ye the swing arm is straight its just that i got the stand on an angle, if you steel wool down your pipe how do u get it out? take it apart? with the indicators do they have to be orange covered or can an orange bulb pass aswell, and the size has to be the same?
                  sigpic

Comment

thank for all the help guys =D
                    sigpic

Comment

bend a coat hanger
                      "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

correct me if I'm wrong but do you still need to have reflectors on the sides of the front wheel?
                        "pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

Comment

Clear indicators should be ok, but you may need to be E-marked, theres a silly rule regarding rear cowl, if you have a seat have to have pegs, no seat no pegs (im lead to believe) else as mentioned the pipes, theres phone apps that can read the decibels.

Are the arrows?

*your rear indicators maybe too small*

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
                            correct me if I'm wrong but do you still need to have reflectors on the sides of the front wheel?
                            Don't think so.

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ectors-122113/

Comment

Originally posted by dadwantsafyabl4de2 View Post
                              ok my mistake.

shadow116, where about are you located? i have a little decibel meter (accuracy +- 3db) you could use if you were really worried
                              "pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X