Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to figure out a Hills route. Could do with hand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to figure out a Hills route. Could do with hand.

I've been on just a couple of Hills rides with the PSB clan, so only have a vague recollection of the roads we went on.

I'm wanting to revisit those roads, and while I can figure out certain parts of it, I'm having trouble connecting those bits together. Roughly speaking, I want to go from NOR via the Weir Rd across to Brookton Highway, and I'll explain more via PM.

If you wouldn't mind helping me string this together, please PM me.

I'll send you a map of the parts I know, and you can draw in the missing bits, or just list the route in sequence.

Much appreciated

------------------

Note:

Before you say: "go on more group rides and you'll learn the routes", let me pre-empt by saying: I've tried that, they were awesome, but I want to get to know those roads a bit better before I do more group rides. I feel I need to get more familiar with the roads at my own (much slower) pace first.

Also, I'm not intending to publish the route here. It will be a PM only thing.
    For Triple Lovers & Triple Street Fighers

How about googel maps, type in where you want to go , let the good people at google land sort it
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

hmm, honestly hadn't even thought of that.

Comment

So the result of above suggestion wasn't half bad, but I suspect that google may not have quite the same criteria for choosing a road as we might. still, if I use street view I may recognise some of those intersections.

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal View Post
          So the result of above suggestion wasn't half bad, but I suspect that google may not have quite the same criteria for choosing a road as we might. still, if I use street view I may recognise some of those intersections.
          One good way is to pick a start and end point and enter it into the directions, then drag part of the route onto a twisty road. For example, get directions from Gosnells to Mundaring and it gives you a boring route. Drag the route onto Mills road east (near the gosnells end) and you end up with some roads that look much better. I can't link it for some reason - the URL doesn't show the route.

If you need to, print out a google maps/directions and stick it to your tank, or put it in your pocket or something.

Bernie says "think before you drive bribe"

Comment

Good point edmands , what he said
            REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
            (anarchy in english )

Comment

Thanks people. I think we have a winner. Still ironing out a few minor wrinkles, but otherwise route is looking good.

Comment

Hey dude, I know a few different routes around the hills. However, I'm not sure if the roads up in the hills are open after the fire damage. If they are, I don't mind heading there along with you. Check and see if they are open and get back to me, and we can organise a ride.

Comment

Thanks for the offer, RAO, much appreciated.

I'm pretty keen on doing this one solo though, for the reasons mentioned above. And TBH, I think you'd find the pace I want to do it at as dull as ditchwater. But next time, perhaps.

Comment

Mission accomplished.

A most lovely run through the hills was had

Thanks for the route tips.

Comment

Roads open after fire damage
                      Bridge on Brookten highway open
                      This is important as it takes lots of cars of canning mills rd
                      REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
                      (anarchy in english )

Comment

suggestion for next time -
                        Meet - caltex base of Toodyay rd
                        Head to O'briens - take the right at the end finish back on toodyay rd
                        Head west back to stoneville rd etc and get to mundaring - start the Mundaring run - turn off at Aldesyde rd
                        right at the end, next left onto glenisia through to Caning rd - take a left and follow to brookton
                        take a left and turn right onto gardiner right onto croyden and left onto mcness follow through until albany highway

go home - stop by the gossie gp on the way back...

Comment

WHS^^^

Also Google 3 Dams Run, enjoy
                          sigpic

Make sure you do what it says

Comment

That's pretty much what I did, excepting for O'Briens. Thought I'd save that for another day. When I got to the end, I stopped for a coffee and went back the other way It was even better the second time.

Because I took it at an intentionally relaxed pace on the first leg, which was the whole point of today, I had more confidence for the return trip and so could play a bit more. I haven't done many yet, but it was my favourite country ride so far.

I get stagefright in the larger group rides. As awesome as they are from a social POV, I'm more relaxed when I'm not concerned about being the last guy, and if not that, how bad my technique must look to the guy behind me.

Comment

Originally posted by chesty View Post
                              WHS^^^

Also Google 3 Dams Run, enjoy
                              That looks so damn good (hehe). Cheers! For sure the next one I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X