Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion

Hey All,
    need to know peoples thoughts on these two bikes, Yamaha FZ6 and Yamaha XJ6. Am still trying to find a place that has a couple second hands, so i can test ride to see what they are like.
    XJ6 is now $9990 on road.

you could get a Street Triple second hand for around $10k. sometimes with goodies attached!

I have ridden a FZ6 and while i did enjoy it spending the extra for a Street was worth it. having said that i'm sure you could find either the FZ6 or XJ6 for under $8k secondhand and they're very good bikes.

Comment

almost the same bike different skin i believe
      Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

I bought an FZ6 about a month and a half ago, much prefer the the look of the FZ6 to the XJ6.

If I had the $10k to buy the XJ6 though I would probably go find a second hand street triple to buy instead.

Finances meant I had to buy cheaper which is why I got the FZ6, I think its a great bike though so dont regret it!

Comment

Buy a Triumph.

Comment

xj6 is the fz6's weedy kid brother
            "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

Would like a trumpy, but not sure what one, as want the tourer style seat so the misses can get on.
              Any Suggestions on that?
              The FZ6 has an alloy frame and the, XJ6 has a steel frame.

Comment

Comment

personally, i think the xj6n looks better. but the fz has more power. and, considering the deal 5star has on the fz6n right now (under $9k). why wouldnt you....

e: i may be slightly biased because i have an xj6, but if i had the choice again, i probly would of gone the fz8.

Comment

5star??
                    Did you mean FZ6 or is there a FZ8??

Anyone know of shops that might have a demo model or second hand to ride. The guys at causeway don't have any at the moment (only one that one of the dealers ride)

Comment

Five star yamaha. Pretty sure they'd have demo's of both.

Comment

thanks Ray for the 5star recommend. Went there today and tried out the FZ6 and XJ6, and the boys there were good.
                        Have decided nearly on getting the FZ6 (Fazer), was a good comfy ride. The XJ6 to short on the steering and felt like i was going to snap my wrist off trying to get a good angle to use the throttle.

Comment

Working...
                        X