Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preaching to the choir: Capturing the essence of riding

via BikeEXIF
    No images here — just an amazing description of why motorcycling is good for the human soul. Capturing the essence of riding motorcycles
    For Triple Lovers & Triple Street Fighers

Sounds like a literary arts student to me. Or a mental patient. Possibly both, it's hard to tell the difference at times.
    Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
    Originally posted by filbert
    it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

They're the best kind.
      For Triple Lovers & Triple Street Fighers

Comment

I really enjoyed that.

On a motorcycle I know I'm alive. When I ride, even the familiar seems strange and glorious. The air has weight and substance as I push through it and its touch is as intimate as water to a swimmer.
        Transportation is only a secondary function. A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.
        Customer: Look, there's no other way to say this, but I didn't come in here to be insulted.
        Bernard: Well, I didn't ask for the job of insulting you. In another life, we could have been brothers. Running a small, quirky taverna in Sicily. Maybe we would have married the local twins instead of wasting each other's time here in this dump. But it was not to be. So hopit.

Comment

Working...
        X