Displaying L plates ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying L plates ?

My son just got his L's and we were discussing if he had to display L plates front and rear or just rear. Couldn't find a definate answer so I thought someone may be able to help. Thanks

Yes you do need to display front and back, but you can get away with just the back, until (if) you get caught

Comment

I should also ask if anyone has ever been picked for no front L plate in that case?

Comment

only 1 that I know of cautioned

Comment

1 for every number plate.

Comment

The rules are that you need to display on the front and rear of the bike. If you need more clarification, read the learners permit and it will have it on there.

As it is difficult to put L's on the front of a bike you can always go to Bunnings or any safety shop and purchase a hi-viz vest. Draw a L on it which is at least 10cm x 10cm on the front and back with a big black texta and you will be in business all for under 10 bucks

Hope this helps.

Comment

Bummer I was about to go to my test with one number plate on the rear... going to have to stop into somewhere in the morning before my test and get a high vis vest.
              Originally posted by darkfibre
              Just sync the oil changes with her monthly cycle and get all the grumpyness over with, leaving the rest of the month clear sailing.

Comment

You don't display any L plates for your test or wear a learner vest.
                The point of the test is to evaluate your riding in a normal environment without other road users giving special treatment. At least that is what I've been told.
                If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Oh please confirm... will save me some money!
                  Just sync the oil changes with her monthly cycle and get all the grumpyness over with, leaving the rest of the month clear sailing.

Comment

My instructor only asked me to put one on the rear. Never once was a front one mentioned and my instructor was full on. At the test my L plate was left on with no questions about one for the front or to remove it as SilentBob suggests could happen.

But yah never know what happens on the day of your test. Be prepared, better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it, besides they come in pairs anyways!

As for the High Vis vest, I think it demonstrates that you take your saftey seriously and puts you in good standing to demonstrate your skills.
                    Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

I was wondering on whether I should be wearing my Powerage jacket to the test...

Perhaps a Learner vest will cover up the jacket which will label me a hoon - no pun intended

Comment

Originally posted by SEROW View Post
                        Bummer I was about to go to my test with one number plate on the rear... going to have to stop into somewhere in the morning before my test and get a high vis vest.
                        Let us know how your test goes yeh? I got my test coming up in 3 weeks
                        Originally posted by The Mase
                        Ditto. Instead mountain biking w/ a mate. He stopped suddenly, as did i but flipped over the handle bars. But landed nuts first on mates back wheel.... i know, I know, 2 penis's on one bike rule was broken

Comment

Will do =) It will be in General in "Can I push my bike to licensing" thread LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SEROW View Post
                            Oh please confirm... will save me some money!
                            Did my test last month and I was told to remove my L vest and had no L plates, so you should be right

Comment

Working...
                            X