No announcement yet.

Roundabout + (4x4 Edging into my lane + Application of front brakes) = Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roundabout + (4x4 Edging into my lane + Application of front brakes) = Crash

So I came off the GT250R on Thursday, hit a roundabout and a 4x4 edge into my lane, in a screwed up attempt to slow down and not really thinking, I put the front brake on lightly and went down like a tonne of bricks, guess it wasn't all that light come to think about it.

First rule I ever got taught was never put on my front brake when going around a bend. So now the complete right side of the bike is gone. My Fuel tank has a 'L' shape now embedded in it where it hit the gutter, mirrors been pushed into the fairings and my foot brake was jammed up into my exhaust, not to mention my front right brake disk has a odd bend in it, front right forks been damaged a lot and leaking oil, the muffler has been scratched, and my right hand grip now rotates a complete 360.

Slight injuries, part of the bike went into my right leg about a inch (Right Calf 3" above my ankle) , no gravel rash to speak off, however my riding jacket and pants are torn up.

Moral of the story is : REAL RIDING GEAR SAVES LIVES + LONG HOSPITAL VISITS

Last edited by Mikoi; 20-03-2011, 06:34 PM.

Bummer man, any chance of them admitting that so they have to pay????

Comment

A guy behind me that stopped after watching me go down got all the details of the 4x4 what he gave to the Motorcycle police officer that attended the scene. With him and another driver saying the same turn of events I did, and the rego details of the 4x4 I'm hoping so, Officer told me to wait a week and then do the insurance claim to allow them time to track down and file the information or some stuff like that.

Comment

Make sure you notify your insurance straight away. That way, you have done your part and just have to get the info from the cops later. Hope you are not hurting too bad...
        SP RACINGis supported by:
        MSC Safe Co.com.au S&K Mineservices.com.au
        Motorcycle Panel and Paint.com.au Metroframing.com.au
        Jaguarsteelfabrications.com.au DiLena.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
          Make sure you notify your insurance straight away. That way, you have done your part and just have to get the info from the cops later. Hope you are not hurting too bad...
          Yeah mate, Told them the day after they put a note down and waiting for more details, down side is, I kind of only started full insurance less then a month ago. good in one way, looks really suss however, lol.

I'm okay, pain killers plus staying off leg is doing alright.

Comment

Looks like since you have the details of the driver plus an independent witness you will not have too much trouble claiming they were at fault.

Good on your for wearing the good gear and dealing with it with a level head. Have you seen a doctor since the accident? If you keep your receipts your medical bills will be paid by your third party insurance (That comes with your bike license, not SGIO/SWANN/QBE etc.) if you lodge an accident report. Better to be safe than sorry.
            Originally posted by Desmo
            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikoi View Post
              First rule I ever got taught was never put on my front brake when going around a bend.
              Experience helps in the application of the front end when cornering. Wouldn't write it off just yet.

Also really digging your positive attitude; shit went down and you came off worse, yet you're looking ahead. Excellent stuff. Hope it works out for you mate.
              FEADCinc, PSB?

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident.
                I've found that cutting across your lane in dual round-a-bouts a common practice by other vehicles.
                Hope all goes well from here on.
                Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them they die.

Comment

Keep us updated Mikoi, I'd really like to know if this one turns out in your favour.

Comment

:fakenopic:
                    Originally posted by Melkor
                    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
                      Looks like since you have the details of the driver plus an independent witness you will not have too much trouble claiming they were at fault.

Good on your for wearing the good gear and dealing with it with a level head. Have you seen a doctor since the accident? If you keep your receipts your medical bills will be paid by your third party insurance (That comes with your bike license, not SGIO/SWANN/QBE etc.) if you lodge an accident report. Better to be safe than sorry.
                      Just on what CK has said, give the Insurance Commission of WA a call and sort out a claim number, seeing that's where your CTP goes from your rego. You can find more info here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
                        :fakenopic:
                        ^

Hope you get your shit fixed soon.
                        But many drivers out there cut "Roundabout" its uncool.

Comment

The second rule someone should have taught you was not to attempt to negotiate a roundabout with an idiot cager. Make sure you have a buffer next time. I hope it turns out well for you, people who never made a mistake never made anything.
                          -

Comment

see this...

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ccident-80441/
                            Percute et Percute Velociter
                            Vini Vidi Squishi

Comment

Originally posted by Seb View Post
                              Just on what CK has said, give the Insurance Commission of WA a call and sort out a claim number
                              Even better, give the MAA a call and sort out a claim number.
                              Originally posted by Melkor
                              The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Working...
                              X