Burned by a scooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burned by a scooter

Today i was sitting at the lights when a girl on a (i hope) 250 scooter pulls up next to me and proceeds to burn away from me at the lights, then again at the next set of lights i was determined to stay in front but it happened again.
    needless to say i was a little ashamed,

NB: 5 mins later i say a guy on a 50cc riding around at night without lights, when i queried him he just shrugged and said they were broken.

Anyway is this normal, does the fact that the scooters have a CVT or whatever mean that they can plant the power better?

Can you get bigger than 250 scooters?
    Mike

Some of the 250cc scooters out there i pretty quick.
    If you were on a hyo thats maybe your problem

Comment

A Suzuki Burgman is 125-650cc and a Piaggio MP3 can be 400cc.
      CVT will make it easier to put the power down, but burn away from you? Unless it was a maxi scooter you need to work on your takeoff.
      If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Haha i was waiting for that , I can keep up with my mates on their japs so im happy enough

Fuckin scooters
        Mike

Comment

work on your take off, or upgrade your bike. Please remember, At the end of the day, there will always be someone faster than you. Always!

Comment

and alot of the smaller ones are 2 strokes too.

Comment

my mate has a 500cc injected fuocco...
              not a lot can touch it up to 80km/h -
              once a bigger four has finally wound up its doing exsessive speeds.
              either that or theres theres a serious lack of good riders

500cc injected auto single launching flawlessly at max torque can easily catch a rider off guard
              Originally posted by Captain Starfish
              use me like the slut I am, yeah come on and make me your f^cked up broke crack hore that doesn't ride anymore
              :starwars:

Comment

I see people on larger than 50cc scooters and really wonder why
                Originally posted by darkfibre
                Just sync the oil changes with her monthly cycle and get all the grumpyness over with, leaving the rest of the month clear sailing.

Comment

I wonder if it was flash harry he had a pretty fast scooter I found this out on some of the rides I done with his group rides in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by SEROW View Post
                    I see people on larger than 50cc scooters and really wonder why
                    pfft ignorance...
                    because they're comfortable, convenient stoage, and user friendly?

i see people on 50cc scooters and really wonder why
                    use me like the slut I am, yeah come on and make me your f^cked up broke crack hore that doesn't ride anymore

Comment

There's an old saying about being beaten by a girl on a scooter... twice.

Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                      1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by Pajjy View Post
                        a girl on a scooter pulls up next to me and proceeds to burn away from me at the lights
                        Originally posted by Goldmember
                        I wonder if it was flash harry

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                          There's an old saying about being beaten by a girl on a scooter... twice.

^^^ that vid is good!

Comment

If I was dragged off by a scooter I would commit seppuku.
                            -

Comment

Having a 125 2-stroke I can feel elated when beating a bigger capacity bike, and when losing I feel comforted in the knowledge it was to a bigger bike. And just about everything is bigger, so I have nothing to lose
                              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Working...
                              X