Jump starting???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump starting???

my bike has being lying up since xmas and brand new battery has went flat so i jump started it of car yest and it fired up ok... BUT the positive terminal started smoking up??

i passed no remarks jus thought it musta hit of the frame and earthed itself..
    So i just removed the jump leads and went out for a ride when i stopped to get fuel i thought it would of recharged enough to start but no nothin so bump start and away....

however this morn i went to jump start again and nothin wont even turn lights in clocks on i tried with a push an nothing. even pulled a battery out of another bike and it wont light up either.. i checked the main fuses beside the battery and there all ok any ideas what it could b???

by the way its an 88 GSXR 750...

Cheers Colin

Main relay perhaps?
    Check earth straps?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

all sorted there was a trip switch thingy reset in and then it started up alight with jump leads... time for new battery and a trickel charger any recomendations????

Comment

Originally posted by collie View Post
        time for new battery and a trickel charger any recomendations????
        I bought a CTek trickle charger a few years ago, and it's been brilliant.

I think I got the MXS 3.6 - MXS 3.6 - CTEK SWEDEN AB - which has since been replaced with the MXS 3600.

It comes with plug adapters to clamp it directly onto a battery, or to fit a plug on your battery when you install it, allowing easy connect / disconnect from the bike, without pulling the seat off.

I mostly use it just to keep the bike's battery charged & conditioned when I'm not riding it over winter, but it's versatile enough that I've also used it to recharge the wife's car battery after she left the lights on overnight.

prk.

Comment

Working...
        X